Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SourHoagie t1_j3op1kk wrote

Second Cape May, my fiance and I stayed in a bnb for a few nights during the holidays. Its a great town year round, plenty of restaurants easy hikes and decent wine if you like trying local wineries. I recommend Hawk Haven Winery not cheap but really really good wine that you wouldn’t believe was made in New Jersey. If you want even more adventure catch the ferry to Lewes Delaware.

ThinkySushi t1_j3pn6ao wrote

4th vote for cape may! There is a phenomenal international cheese shop that is super worth your time. Walking on the Frozen beach in winter is beautiful there. There are lots of antique shops to go through if that's your thing, and if you get the chance to go to sunset Beach and the late afternoon it's lovely they always have a sunset flag lowering service.

I believe they're closed for the season and open in May but if your trip gets delayed the best restaurant in town is actually a little hole in the wall called Tisha's. https://tishasfinedining.com/mobile/index.php. They've only got a few tables so you have to get reservations but it's some of the best seafood I've ever had.

ThinkySushi t1_j3pnh8b wrote

And off-season if they're open consider staying at the Congress Hall or one of their exterior suites. Really nice place and cheap in winter. If you like cocktails definitely check out their bar.