Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

4k5 t1_j7qu60q wrote

If you are in Providence, any decent digital antenna should work. Put your info into rabbitears.info to get a map of what direction to point it, and try and put it in your attic or roof. The Channel 10 broadcast antenna is close enough that you should pick it up without pointing towards it. And a wide recieve antenna should pick up all the Boston stations - you don't need a yagi style.

I have a cheap antenna in my attic and pick up everything. On my mother's house in Bristol I used a yagi to guarantee reception of Boston stations and because the channel 10 broadcast antenna was within the 30 degree reception cone of the yagi antenna along with the Boston stations.

Those window mount flat ones are asking for disappointment if you want to pick up channel 5.

4k5 t1_j7quv3u wrote

I have a bowtie like this

https://a.co/d/ev1EbIk

My reception is alright but it's also in our attic. Roof will give better reception.

If all the channels you want are within like 30 degrees of each other a yagi style antenna might do better.

Even-Vegetable-1700 t1_j7s5o0w wrote

I’ve had great results with Mohu Leaf amplified antenna. Gets all the RI stations and if you’re lucky most of the Boston stations.

Yak54RC t1_j7s6buz wrote

Antennas direct clear stream. You can get the single or dual on Amazon at good price.

Pvdsuccess t1_j7tttpi wrote

There is also an app called freetv. Pinpoints were you are via GPS and will show you all the local towers and the digital channels they broadcast. Rather than guessing, it helps pick a spot to set it up in your house.

pem4423 t1_j7sjxdg wrote

RCA Compact Outdoor or Attic Yagi TV Antenna – HD Antenna with Super Long 75 Mile Range – Long Range Digital OTA Antenna for Clear VHF & UHF Reception, NexGenTV ™ Compatible, Supports 4K/8K 1080p TVs

leavingthecold t1_j7ugrdf wrote

I have a digital antenna and it get's the basic channels for my area since its ground floor and much forestry in Providence. The best time my bunny ear antenna worked was while living on the 3rd floor close to downtown Providence. Got a bunch of the Mass channels as well.