Submitted by eishakhan t3_111ilx4 in RhodeIsland

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a rental property for Thanksgiving week Nov 22- Nov 26 2023, for a family reunion. I need a property that can easily house at least 35 guests - definitely need at least 16 bedrooms.

Does anyone have any recommendations? AIRBNB and VRBO didn't have anything for the quantity that I require, and a lot of the rental agencies/properties I googled also maxed out around 10 bedrooms.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

suzygreeenberg t1_j8f3pzf wrote

You may be better off with a few houses near each other, or just booking a hotel

Shot-Perspective2946 t1_j8f7gqm wrote

At least 16 bedrooms thanksgiving rental oh my God 😂

Honestly your best bet is to call like hotel Viking and see if they can get you a bunch of hotel rooms and maybe they’ll let you rent like one of the convention rooms for a big private thanksgiving dinner. Hell they may even cater it. If you book early enough they may be able to get you an entire wing to yourself or something.

Other option is, if your budget is massive (which looking for a 16 bedroom estate in Newport I have to assume it is), contact a Lila delman agent. They may have an Uber high net worth client that will let you rent their gilded age mansion for some obscene amount of money. Or they may be able to put you in touch with someone from the Newport preservation society and you could stay in like rosewood for an obscene amount of money (not sure if that’s allowed or not though - I know they rent it out for weddings I’m not sure they’d bite on an overnight)

Good luck! Also please update us on what you do because I’m super curious

eishakhan OP t1_j8f7sq0 wrote

Lol I know, it’s insane 😂 these are great recs, thanks!

MadLove1348 t1_j8fi47f wrote

Never going to find a house that big. As others have mentioned just get hotel rooms and plan to go out to dinner if you can find a place open.

Sleuthiestofsleuths t1_j8fh5bd wrote

Newport has a ten guest max because one airbnb rental got out of hand one time. We can't have nice things

dickieb81 t1_j8f262h wrote

Very few rentals of that size anywhere. I don't think AirBnB even allows them. I doubt there is anything that big on the Island. Good luck.

Diligent-Pizza8128 t1_j8ijz6v wrote

I'm not sure about 16 bedrooms, but I've stayed in a 12-bedroom airbnb in Lake Tahoe. A quick search shows some 14-bedroom places.

omjy18 t1_j8ffckn wrote

There's a string of rental properties down on lower thames by the gas station maybe check there. Idk how large they are but they've got multiple full houses so maybe you'll get lucky. Besides that I'd say maybe the hotels in the area like the viking or the one above surf club or the new one that popped up at hammets wharf and just try to get a block deal, a lot of them do it for wedding parties so I'm sure they could do the same for this, plus Thanksgiving tends to be on the slower side for newport because it's more a family kind of thing over traveling so you might get lucky

RumRunnerLizard t1_j8f8u9n wrote

Not sure exactly how many bedrooms they have combined but the Fastnet pub on Broadway owns three airbnbs all in the building I think. I looked into them for a bachelor party and the two I looked at had about 5 bedrooms each so it might be worth a google search to see if it meets your needs.

Ri_Surf t1_j8gevm0 wrote

Check your dms, I sent you a listing from MLS

MonkeysDontEvolve t1_j8j0raq wrote

Try booking the Charter House Inn. They may have room to accommodate everyone.

sailri t1_j8rnrsb wrote

Windham Timeshare/ other timeshare