Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GoatessFrizzleFry t1_j94retx wrote

Jumping in to agree and also rant:

Having worked in a Mass lab (coming from RI working independently), can confirm. They will also test way more than twice, and I’ve seen them send slabs out with samples just to make the testing go ‘smoother’.

NETA was the first to open, I worked the production facility mostly in the lab, but got bounced around to build grow rooms if the needed extra hands (I’m a handy person).

They were also allowed to train their own health inspector, bc there were no dispensary/production facility inspectors at the time.

I’ve also seen whole plants washed in hydrogen peroxide because of PM and black mold. We had black mold in our air showers because the geniuses that ran the grow thought it wise to leave the doors open overnight to freeze off the PM, despite all the local staff saying “nope, we have humidity, this isn’t Colorado”.

The also sent an entire shift spraying pesticides without checking HVAC, and everyone was exposed. Of course we were assured it was ‘fine’ because it was an organic pesticide.

I’ve taken trips to Boston and Worcester since, anyone who pays attention can just put their bud in a clean bowl and watch the flame and ash color/how it burns, etc.

I don’t know why people want to defend big cannabis, it’s all out of state money in MA.

Massachusetts is still more expensive for most items and the quality is not there. NETA is responsible for setting up a coalition of dispensaries, while RI has a patient advocacy group (RIPAC).

There are some very clear differences, and I hope RI doesn’t go the way MA went.