Can we talk shit about RISE?

FoleyisGood t1_j92b3jm wrote

that place is disgusting. i went once and needed a shower after i left

huh_phd t1_j92d7s8 wrote

It was nice when it was summit. Now it's just the worst

huh_phd t1_j92dwya wrote

It was nice when it was summit. Now it's just the worst

NoRepresentative5593 t1_j930les wrote

The employees were decent but it gives off DMV vibes and could use a deep cleaning.

FoleyisGood t1_j93dr51 wrote

When I was there two maybe three employees were covering the rec line that was getting close to being out the door while five other extremely baked looking employees all hovered around one computer looking at who knows what for at least 10 minutes.

NoRepresentative5593 t1_j93v7g0 wrote

It could have been a shift change, who knows. I really like Northeast Alternatives, they’re the only dispo that’s been patient and helpful and their products keep delivering.

nathanaz t1_j92rz1k wrote

>we’re friendly

LOL. You seem anything but friendly bud. You sound like someone with a serious axe to grind that flips their shit anytime someone even hints at disagreeing with you.

JDePalm t1_j8yqfx0 wrote

Feel like it’s cheaper in MA still no?

[deleted] OP t1_j8yqo6n wrote

[deleted]

JDePalm t1_j8z2wcm wrote

Sounds like something someone who’s trying to sell me something would say…

[deleted] OP t1_j8z358e wrote

[deleted]

−4

JDePalm t1_j8zmv59 wrote

Stop being such a snob

FoleyisGood t1_j90ygvi wrote

> This is why almost all of their weed lacks smell and tastes like hay. > >

This is nothing visit the grow subs. Pot snobs are just as bad as the beer snobs.

[deleted] OP t1_j91svg6 wrote

[deleted]

−1

FoleyisGood t1_j92apgu wrote

I'm literally not advocating for anything. You are putting words into my mouth.

My comment was:

> This is nothing visit the grow subs. Pot snobs are just as bad as the beer snobs.

And it had nothing to do with medical patients

waxenpi t1_j8ywcgc wrote

Why are you saying MA weed has mold but RI weed doesn’t? Serious question. Sounds kinda sus.

[deleted] OP t1_j8yyw3f wrote

[deleted]

waxenpi t1_j8z4rco wrote

Assuming you’re being honest that’s interesting. Mold is rare if grown/dried/cured correctly.

GoatessFrizzleFry t1_j94retx wrote

Jumping in to agree and also rant:

Having worked in a Mass lab (coming from RI working independently), can confirm. They will also test way more than twice, and I’ve seen them send slabs out with samples just to make the testing go ‘smoother’.

NETA was the first to open, I worked the production facility mostly in the lab, but got bounced around to build grow rooms if the needed extra hands (I’m a handy person).

They were also allowed to train their own health inspector, bc there were no dispensary/production facility inspectors at the time.

I’ve also seen whole plants washed in hydrogen peroxide because of PM and black mold. We had black mold in our air showers because the geniuses that ran the grow thought it wise to leave the doors open overnight to freeze off the PM, despite all the local staff saying “nope, we have humidity, this isn’t Colorado”.

The also sent an entire shift spraying pesticides without checking HVAC, and everyone was exposed. Of course we were assured it was ‘fine’ because it was an organic pesticide.

I’ve taken trips to Boston and Worcester since, anyone who pays attention can just put their bud in a clean bowl and watch the flame and ash color/how it burns, etc.

I don’t know why people want to defend big cannabis, it’s all out of state money in MA.

Massachusetts is still more expensive for most items and the quality is not there. NETA is responsible for setting up a coalition of dispensaries, while RI has a patient advocacy group (RIPAC).

There are some very clear differences, and I hope RI doesn’t go the way MA went.

ExploitedAmerican t1_j93icxs wrote

Cannabis lacks flavor these days because a majority of it is grown in coco and hydro systems with low cost salt based nutrients instead of living soil which is lower cost and brings out the best terpene /anthocyanin content in cannabis. The whole industry is just a cluster fuck of corporate shills screwing those who have been pioneering this industry back when it was illegal to do so out of the very industry they built in the underground. Anyone should be able to grow and sell their bulk flower if it passes tests and is free of contaminants. But only the rich who pay to play get to do so and the rest of us are left cutting prices down to bargain discounts to compete with people who would rather support corporations for the dispensary experience rather than someone who produces quality cannabis free of chemical pesticides and nasty salty nutrient residues. The industry is a joke. Fuck beating the streets the only way to do that is truly ending prohibition and allowing people of all financial backgrounds to enter the industry. And I’m not talking in low wage grunt labor positions. People who can handle a 4k-8k grow should be able to market their cannabis legally instead of being relegated to the grey market where they face fines and arrest over growing a plant.

It’s a violation of our constitutional right to say we can only grow x amount of plants when those buying access to the industry can grow warehouses and fields of cannabis. But now that roe v wade has been repealed by a bunch of conservative corporate puppets it’s becoming painfully obvious we don’t have the rights we are entitled to.

FoleyisGood t1_j90yoch wrote

Based on the responses here username definitely checks out. Why you all so pretentious about your bud?

Chance_Bad_7437 t1_j91k68x wrote

The wedding cake by Good Green at Rise in Warwick is fire. Tastes and smells AMAZING.