Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

FrickUrMum t1_jajln91 wrote

They have welders riggers painters electricians probs another 5 jobs I’m forgetting. I went through the interview process just to learn I’d be working 2nd shift and not getting hours toward my license. They pay great I was offered like 22 iirc no expirence but if you want a license I’d say go another route.

WhatAmiDoingHere1022 t1_jakn288 wrote

Is it bull work there?

FrickUrMum t1_jakozli wrote

Wym

WhatAmiDoingHere1022 t1_jan28ag wrote

Like is it back breaking work. Like really heavy lifting and maneuvering heavy things all day. Pretty much like them jobs when u get out of work. It takes everything u have in you to take a shower. I’m possibly thinking of a career change. I’m 40 I’m definitely not trying to get into something like that. I

FrickUrMum t1_jank2y6 wrote

Not sure about eb I got some friends who say it’s not bad some say it sucks but I never worked there. But being an electrician is easy physically and very fun imo. Also take my ratings if hardness with a grain of salt cause I’m 19 so I can take a beating a bit better than a 40yo.

WhatAmiDoingHere1022 t1_janqaj6 wrote

Yea I actually worked as a helper for an electrician when I was 18. I wouldn’t mind getting back into it. Are they paying for your school where u work?

FrickUrMum t1_jans2fl wrote

1st year gets paid back if I stay with the company when I have my license. 2nd 3rd and 4th I get 1500 a year which covers the whole schooling. Most places will have it paid for out of people I know I actually have the worst set up and I still thinks it’s a good deal.