Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

thehillshaveI t1_jdojul8 wrote

>It was stopped at a green light

...is such a subtly powerful sentence.

well done crime reporter

itsaysdraganddrop t1_jdpifdh wrote

not many people stop at a green light, but if they do there’s a good chance of getting pulled over

dlandis116 t1_jdpgd5c wrote

I legit don’t even know what this post is supposed to be about? “Glad someone cares about DUI’s in Rhody”. There is such little information about this situation that it makes me not care whatsoever

maybebullshitmaybe t1_jdoruo1 wrote

I dk what it is if people really drive in circles frequently or Warwick pd over reports this but I feel like soooo many reports from Warwick say the person was driving in circles lol. Great way to spot a DUI tho. Makin it easy 🤷‍♀️

chaoticnormal t1_jdp7ckh wrote

I mean, if the guy had his last drink at Chelo's and they don't try and stop him and he kills someone, isn't Chelo's partially liable? Good on the worker to call the cops, might have saved lives.

Mutabilitie t1_jdqfvfs wrote

I’m not a lawyer, but yes I believe so. Not only for the death, but potentially for having the alcohol license being suspended for the business.

RhodyViaWIClamDigger OP t1_jdos55u wrote

They probably over report because a Warwick officer enforcing drunk driving laws in the city is a rarity.

starplayerlive t1_jdoz8id wrote

RI has one of the highest dui rates in the country. So it’s actually not a rarity in any way.

samcar330 t1_jdqubcy wrote

We also have the #1 rate of single vehicle fatalities, we in general suck at driving

RhodyViaWIClamDigger OP t1_jdp0j7g wrote

Warwick.

−13

Sarcofaygo t1_jdptqj6 wrote

There is a lot of drunk drivers in warwick. Idk if you were trying to dunk on RI Cops not enforcing DUIs but our state routinely breaks records for most DUI arrests per capita nationwide. Which is not a good thing ofc

RhodyViaWIClamDigger OP t1_jdqaqfp wrote

‘Routinely breaks records for most DUI arrests per capita-‘ why are they breaking records? Shouldn’t their enforcement deter crime?

−3

Sarcofaygo t1_jdr9hkx wrote

Big brain take. We should stop enforcing murder laws because murder still happens

drthsideous t1_jdredyt wrote

Tough to stop DUI's in a state where the police frequently get caught drunk driving themselves and routinely only get a slap on the wrist for it.

Swamp_yankee_ninja t1_jdr0ezf wrote

Drunks, “stopped at a green light”… Stoners, “stopped at a stop sign waiting for it to turn green”.

Sarcofaygo t1_jdptvo0 wrote

I found it curious how he was incapacitated from just one drink. Was he on pills 💊 such as Xanax? Either way glad it got called in. Drunk driving kills

10takeWonder t1_jdqf5n0 wrote

doubt that was his first drink lol

Sarcofaygo t1_jdr965p wrote

It could have been if he was on pills. Drinking on Xanax makes one drink feel like 3 or 4 and is highly dangerous. Results in behavior similar to what was described

aaccjj97 t1_jdqueyj wrote

Am I missing something here? What is that obituary you keep linking? and I see nothing about the coast guard house?

BlueEyedRage t1_jdqyc32 wrote

I think they're just saying places that don't do what Chelo's did can face consequences for not reporting

Jefrizle t1_jdqilre wrote

So they sell you lq then call the police on u?

−2

Fearless_Spell9142 t1_jdqlneh wrote

They should have tazzers at chello's. Stops him before leaving the door. He could have killed someone in the parking lot!

−3