Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nathanaz t1_ithxweg wrote

My comment wasn’t a prescription, it was an illustration of the hypocrisy.

mpm4q2 t1_ithzua0 wrote

This is the republican platform for the fuel crisis

−5

nathanaz t1_iti02xl wrote

Yeah. That’s why it’s hypocrisy. I don’t know what you’re not understanding

gusterfell t1_itihl7t wrote

How exactly do the Republicans plan to get the oil producers to "pump more," when they're currently making record profits by not pumping more and driving up the price?

Oil companies are currently sitting on dozens of unused drilling permits that they could act on tomorrow with no change in government. They have no desire to "pump more."

mpm4q2 t1_itiinmu wrote

Btw, those permits are unused because there is no oil there. Just because you have a permit doesn’t mean that there will be oil to drill there!!

gusterfell t1_itim1pe wrote

That's absurd. Why would anyone go through the permitting process to drill on land without oil reserves?

Regardless, that doesn't answer the question of how the GOP would get the oil companies to drill more and flood the market, reducing their own profit margins in the process? Seems pretty hard to do without some of that nasty government regulation.

argument_sketch t1_itimo66 wrote

Republicans are always against regulation because they don’t care about our future. As long as we’re all fat and happy with our low oil and gas prices, they don’t care that our children and grandchildren will grow up with the destructive results of climate change.

How about I throw all the toxic waste I produce over into your yard instead of disposing it properly for more expense? Because if you wanna stop me, that’s OVER-REGULATION!

I’ve never seen anybody more shortsighted than a republican

mpm4q2 t1_itim5nu wrote

That’s not how it works my friend.

Hot-Cry920 t1_itjacb2 wrote

Then why does biden take credit when gas prices come down??? Guys all over the place

−2

mpm4q2 t1_itiig1x wrote

Now where did you hear that? Boy some people believe anything they are told. The oil companies will drill and produce more if they know the administration won’t interfere with more over regulation. It’s hard to get investors when the president says that he wants to put them out of business!

−3