Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_ir5ndui wrote

>Mexican restaurant for my wife’s birthday, and around that serve both Mexican food and some American like burgers

If we were playing charades and the thing I pulled was "Chilis", this would be the way I start my clue.

brick1972 t1_ir5o9yy wrote

Just to harvest downvotes I'll suggest that Tortilla Flats actually meets this criteria. If authentic Mexican is more important than the American stuff on the menu though you should look elsewhere.

SacrificialYoshi t1_ir5p279 wrote

I think Banditos in Cumberland has a burger on the menu

wyldweasil t1_ir5sux6 wrote

I think the real question here is, who's the picky eater? If it's your wife's Birthday and she wants mexican then someone's going to have to take a bullet on that choice. If she wants burgers, then burger it up somewhere.

I ate at Oz Tacos and Tequila recently and it was fantastic

Uncle_Tony96 t1_ir5ws26 wrote

Look up Tortilla Flatts on Hope Street in Providence. Fun place and is a mix of Mexican, Cajun/American. Parking can be a little tough though

JCappy t1_ir5xcil wrote

Francesca’s on Pawtucket sounds like what you’re looking for

jrprov1 t1_ir5xwp1 wrote

On the Border in Warwick has a grilled chicken and bacon sandwich, a steak sandwich, and also a burger. All of them come standard with various Mexican toppings, but you could certainly order them plain. They come with french fries, too. They also have a pizza, but I am not sure that you could "de-Mexicanize" it to make it more like an American pizza.

BingBong022 t1_ir5yhux wrote

Most American shit I've ever seen. I want an authentic Mexican place that serves burgers....like wtf? That is an oxymoron. Go to Chili's or taco bell if you want the illusion of Mexican food

pvdcaveman t1_ir63xx3 wrote

The most terrifying/least surprising thing about this thread is that it seems like this kind of place actually exists.

Clamgravy t1_ir65fuo wrote

Sounds like you are looking for Applebees, Chilis, or Cheesecake Factory

Hot-Muscle-9202 t1_ir6a7wf wrote

Don’t let these harbingers of true Mexican “authenticity” get you down. In my experience, most places will have one or two items. Just pick a couple places of interest and check the menu. At least one will have something.

Heck, I own a Mexican restaurant. In Mexico. Where 99% of the clientele is Mexican. And we have a couple of things like chicken wings and onion rings. That are (gasp) requested by the patrons. And Mexicans also, believe it or not, enjoy a burger every now and again.

overthehillhat t1_ir6hume wrote

Too many of us are purists about our foodie endeavours of all kinds - -

Since you've got a crowd to please - - select the best person and get a second opinion - -

Then go have fun in Margaritaville - -

n0tarusky t1_ir6ngc7 wrote

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. Maybe for the tequila/mezcal options but the food didn't really do it for me.

Erichardson1978 OP t1_ir6nwx9 wrote

Why did you even comment lol. I understand you like being an asshole, but it is easy to by-pass a comment if you cannot contribute to what is being asked.

This is why people nod not invite you to parties lol.

−3

headinthestars888 t1_ir6tbvt wrote

Tortilla flats is delicious and does have a burger on the menu (though I’ve never tried it bc the Mexican food they offer is amazing)

GossamerGlenn t1_ir6ucgs wrote

Go to milagro in ct no American food but also no queso food is too good. If you asking due to kids than maybe not

SwimmingNo45 t1_ir7pnmx wrote

Go to mexdonalds get the numero uno the big mex slamminnnn