Submitted by nxsu_ t3_xzrypr in RhodeIsland

What espresso/coffee spots do you guys hang around in providence? I’m trying to explore the state a little more and have no idea where to go lul.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Simple-Swimming14 t1_iro44lh wrote

Bolt, New Harvest, Riff Raff, Seven Stars, Coffee Exchange...... There are so many coffee shops!!

nxsu_ OP t1_iroavkx wrote

Seven Stars and Bolt are pretty sick. Thanks bro.

[deleted] t1_iro555x wrote

A lot of coffee shops in PVD dont seem to stay open very late, but my favs are Daves Coffee since you can always go down to the river with your coffee if seats are taken. The Shop has the nicest staff and is a nice outdoor hang as well. Coffee Exchange is good and reasonably priced and again, right by the river. I like the vibe of the Federal Hill Seven Stars. RISD museum is free on Sunday and has a nice hangey-outy coffee shop too.

nxsu_ OP t1_irobug0 wrote

These all look super cozy, thanks for the recommendations! I did hear of Dave’s tho definitely gotta go check it out.

[deleted] t1_irom9rt wrote

daves is pricey but their breakfast sandwich is really good. nice treat once in a while. veggie options too.

ihatemakingids t1_irp0wgb wrote

I would suggest checking out Madrid European bakery. They have both great coffee and unbelievably good pastries.

Beebeeleen t1_iroh7j9 wrote

There is a little gem of a cafe on Mineral Spring Ave in Providence--Ashur Cafe. I love this clean and well lit place.

Ashur Cafe has a mellow atmosphere,good quality service, well-made cofee and other drinks (crepes and hookah too!).

lovegiblet t1_irp6vpm wrote

I like Fundati in Lincoln a whole lot!

jtl10777 t1_irpl5s4 wrote

Borealis - by far the best roaster in the state with a cafe on the east bay bike path in riverside. They also recently opened another location in a much bigger space in a mill in Bristol.

RaptureSnatch t1_irppjar wrote

The Shop is nice during good weather.

alienrose22 t1_iro95q8 wrote

Coffee Connection is my favorite! Located on Mineral Spring. Best coffee and breakfast/lunch 😋

debbado t1_irp160u wrote

Dave’s and I highly suggest one or their blueberry muffins to go with you coffee. If you head to East Providence, Borealis has great beans and great coffee

Unique-Public-8594 t1_irnwmg8 wrote

Nothing jumps to mind right in the city but if you want to venture out of Providence, try Coffee Depot in Warren for comfy chairs.

Edit: TIL Pastiche is now take-out only

Simple-Swimming14 t1_irolqe1 wrote

I don't think it is permanent I think it's just the current sign of times as long as they stay open and I can still get all of their delicious desserts I will be a happy Rhode Islander.

XBlueNetwork t1_iroxtgn wrote

Pastiche was the best cafe. Their arrogant staff can never answer when or why they decided to go with Takeout only