Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Superb_Strawberry341 t1_it31ml2 wrote

It’s a poor city that’s stuck in the 70s arctic village is kinda depressed but there’s a bike path through it I take. I would describe it as a place where people still “smoke cigarettes inside” Remember everyone’s got their “normal” I would say try and get as close to the East Greenwich line as possible or look elsewhere if your gonna use the school.

SadCandidate6 t1_it4luow wrote

The schools are horrible.

I put my son in a charter school in providence and drove him up to the city everyday. He would not of been a 3rd year graduate and Valedictorian if he had to stay in ww schools. He barely made it through middle school.

But I totally agree, try to get something over near the east Greenwich line... theres some really nice suberbish neighborhoods.

thenewgabonline t1_it77la5 wrote

wait i don't get it...if your kid is so smart and the ww schools are so bad he probably could've been valedictorian of there lol

monkysandtools t1_it79xoq wrote

I think what the OP was implying.

Public education moves at pace of the slowest person. If a person is not challenged, they get bored and look like they're goofing off or not paying attention.

thenewgabonline t1_it7riwl wrote

just sounds like op has no faith in his kid lol. plenty of people go to "bad public schools" and are successful after

−1

SadCandidate6 t1_it8553h wrote

And west warwick also doesn't have a 3 year graduate program. So no he wouldn't of been class of 2022 valedictorian because he'd still be sitting in 11th grade.

OP - See what I mean by the type of people up in here. ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

SadCandidate6 t1_it8454v wrote

Its a little different when there's one teacher to 30 kids rather than one teacher to every 8 kids.

The teachers at west warwick treated him like crap because he was smarter then half of them. I didn't say he wasn't an straight A student when he was at west warwick, however, I still had to fight with him every day to get him to go to school because he hated it there and I don't even know why I am explaining myself to you.

I was just saying that public schools aren't for every one so if your kids having a problem or you want to avoid dealing with the scum of a staff at west warwick high school... or the ignorant kids that have parents like you and teach them to be rude for absolutely no reason ..that there are other options.