Submitted by cjr1995 t3_yp5qcg in RhodeIsland

The 75 degree weather in November won’t last forever, and soon enough i’ll be craving a bowl of boiling hot soup to warm up the insides.

Drop your favorite soups (not CHOWDA!) and where to get it. On a hunt for the best soups in the state.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

totoop t1_ivhi9dc wrote

Aight I got 2 answers;

1. The beef noodle soup at Jayd Bun in SK. Stick to your ribs and warms your insides.

2. Hot and sour soup from Yan's cuisine in Providence. This is more of a hits-way-above-its-weight-class kinda pick. Yan's was our go-to chinese takeout in PVD (I've always picked my go-to chinese takeout spot based on how well it brings me back to getting chinese takeout as a kid) and I've always had a thing for hot and sour soup and never have had one more satisfying than theirs.

GlotzbachsToast t1_ivjwupz wrote

I gotta get to Jayd I keep only hearing great things

totoop t1_ivkni76 wrote

Its honestly incredible, hand made noodles and buns are my favorite foods so I am shamelessly biased. Definitely, definitely, definitely, order ahead; their pick up times can be pretty long and it is often longer then they say (which makes it even more impressive they're able to maintain a 4.9 rating) but it was nice to see that with their skyrocketing popularity the food has remained unchanged and no corners are cut, they'll just stop taking orders when they get too busy.

My favorite thing on the menu is their spicy wontons (honorable mention - jinjin dumplings)....they're pretty hot but damn delicious.

bacon_in_beard t1_ivho5ml wrote

chicken tortilla soup from condesa in west Warwick and the Avgolemono Soup (lemon chicken) from andreas on thayer are my favorite

buddhamanjpb t1_ivhzexg wrote

Macera's in Cranston, and newly opened West Valley Inn Soup and Sauce to go in West Warwick.

cottage-clutter t1_iviawf2 wrote

Chicken coconut galanga soup at Heng Thai in Providence. It’s incredible!! Definitely my go-to soup

CulturalElection8861 t1_ivj8qop wrote

I’m a big fan of many of the soups sold at Blount Market in Warren. Check out the bargain bin for a selection of frozen soups at a big discount. The Italian Wedding Soup is a stand out.

Double-Diamond-4507 t1_ivjqcgf wrote

Fact of the day- Blount makes the soups for Panera, Saladworks, and others. You can buy Blount soups frozen at Restaurant Depot as well

NeptuneNancy42 t1_ivl6obj wrote

They’re also sold in large bags at 4Town Farm in the freezer section.

saucyB52 t1_ivhvquo wrote

id like some tsastey soup

fresh_chillax t1_ivigsza wrote

Parihuela from Ceviches by Divino in Providence.

LostATLien2 t1_ivowqkr wrote

Maceras Chicken Escarole cannot be beat

bigdugie69 t1_ivhtios wrote

The best chicken noodle soup used to be at The Pines in North Smithfield however, they are closed. The good news is that soup might make a comeback at Lindy's also in North Smithfield!

[deleted] t1_ivjyvbk wrote

I live right near Lindy's actually. Definitely keeping a look out for that because that soup at The Pines was fantastic.

winter-14 t1_ivky9lt wrote

>soup used to be at

The perfect Rhode Island answer! Can you give us some directions based on another place that isn't there anymore? ;)

bigdugie69 t1_ivl2fyk wrote

Both places are down the road from Eddie's Market! One go to the right the other the left.

Ashby238 t1_ivj954k wrote

The Khao Soi at Nam Khong in Westerly. It’s addictive.

MadLove1348 t1_ivjbjig wrote

Best chicken noodle is at Big Cheese in Cranston

BiddahProphet t1_ivjg78d wrote

Maceras in Cranston, and Ralphs Catering to go in Cranston as well

sadperson15 t1_ivkuizk wrote

A Market in Newport. They have a soup rotation. broccoli cheddar is my fave but all are delicious

ConfusedintheNE t1_ivwpy3h wrote

They use packaged soup that they buy from a supplier. Comes in in plastic bags.

sadperson15 t1_ivyegti wrote

Hate to break it to you but many restaurants in the area (even fancy ones) have their own soup recipes made for them by Blount, and they arrive in plastic bags. It’s fine by me.

lyndonbjohnston t1_ivihdtm wrote

Onleyville New York System

−3

Doodledoodledewd t1_ivj6v81 wrote

Hot weiner soup??

SupJessica t1_ivjdwo5 wrote

Omg I think I'm going to try making that lol. I already make a hot dog soup but it could easily be modified!