Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

buffymiffington t1_iy0n9ek wrote

I love it here. A lot of people knock it, but I think RI has its own unique charm. Hang in there….it’ll always be here when you come back.

RealKing17 OP t1_iy0p5i5 wrote

Thanks for the kind words! :) it sure does have its charm! I love it though!

BoSocks91 t1_iy1mkr5 wrote

Same. I love it here.

Im from Warwick, and I dont ever plan to leave.

RealKing17 OP t1_iy1nw5t wrote

I'm planning on Coventry,Warwick or East Greenwhich area!

laterbacon t1_iy8qgl4 wrote

I think a lot of the people that knock it, also never venture outside of it

Mrsericmatthews t1_iy1mpp9 wrote

Where are you from? (If you don't mind me asking) We are considering moving from Rhode Island -- only temporarily for a job. But I like it here. Except the driving. But there's a lot to like. Everything is so close!

RealKing17 OP t1_iy1o4v5 wrote

I'm from Vermont! The Green Mountain State! It's boring asf though with no opportunity job wise for the younger generation.

Mrsericmatthews t1_iy1pefq wrote

That totally makes sense. My only complaint is the winter - but it is mild compared to Vermont, haha. I love Vermont -- so green! But I agree, I'd rather be somewhere with more opportunities when starting out. Providence has a lot of what bigger cities have but without as much traffic and terrible parking. If you are ever around, check out Free Play during their 18+ nights (some are 21+). Plus, only an hour from Boston (and there is an easy train to get there) and a few hours from NYC (and there are cheap buses). Both my siblings went to RIC and really liked it. But I've known people who have gone to URI, Roger Williams, PC, Brown, and RISD who have really liked them.

RealKing17 OP t1_iy1po7p wrote

I'll definitely check out the free play nights thanks for the suggestion. :)

monkysandtools t1_iy39k3m wrote

Have to ask, where abouts in Vermont?

Done many drives along I-89 en route to and from La Belle Province and always love the scenery

RealKing17 OP t1_iy3b3yk wrote

Central Vermont literally in the middle lol