Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jaxsotsllamallama t1_iy0g3w7 wrote

It’s urine and from personal experience they will make your life HELL if you fail even if you have a medical card. Even though it’s illegal to not hire someone over a failed drug test with a med card, they will still give you a problem. The schools also just a huge mess tbh.

ghostpepperlover t1_iy0lg9g wrote

Is this a bad time to say my wife already signed with them for lpn school?

jaxsotsllamallama t1_iy0lka5 wrote

Maybe they have gotten better?

ghostpepperlover t1_iy0lsh2 wrote

Did you go there? My wife is a super focused person. Unfortunately, this was our best option for our life with kids and my full time job.

jaxsotsllamallama t1_iy165mv wrote

I started to go there, but after I couldn’t drop the class any more they kicked me out for my drug test after telling me it’d be ok. I ended up going to NEIT and finishing my BSN there instead.

ghostpepperlover t1_iy16s44 wrote

Was it a random test or at the beginning?

jaxsotsllamallama t1_iy175mi wrote

It was the one from the beginning. When I first applied to the program I let them know that I had my medical card and they said it would not be an issue. When I failed, the assistant director called me and was extremely rude. I decided to drop the program at that time because I would not be charged. The main director then called me and assured me that she had been misinformed and that I would be fine. The day after I could no longer drop and receive a full refund l, they kicked me out.

ghostpepperlover t1_iy17mzd wrote

Sorry, just to be clear. They test you before you start classes?

jaxsotsllamallama t1_iy17skm wrote

They did when I started, yes. About a week before classes started I completed mine.

ghostpepperlover t1_iy1f0jj wrote

Ty for all of your help. We’re hoping they test sooner than later.

leonpinneaple t1_iy0uxrm wrote

Off-topic: check out RIC for nursing. Great programs and high passing rates on licensing exams.

ghostpepperlover t1_iy12nxe wrote

Thank you, but we looked into it and it doesn’t fit our schedule. I work days and we have 2 kids.

Upuser t1_iy1to48 wrote

ccri has a evening rn program

ghostpepperlover t1_iy1zl7t wrote

True, but you have to maintain a certain gpa and it’s not a guaranteed entry. Super competitive. Not for 2 people in their late 30’s with a family to try and achieve

[deleted] OP t1_iy2u7ln wrote

[deleted]

ghostpepperlover t1_iy3cyqi wrote

Are you pretty sure or 100% sure? Are you speaking from experience or just tossing random knowledge out there. While it’s possible the program has become easier to get into, my knowledge is based on people who went through the program. A couple people had to keep taking extra courses while they waited to get into the program. With that being said, nothing you said was helpful or pertained to my original question. So, respectfully, fuck off with your condescending tone and I hope you stub you toe on every piece of furniture in your domicile. Prick

GossamerGlenn t1_iy1ayz7 wrote

It’s 2022 everybody knows booze is more dangerous overall and with legalization places should also join the times. The only argument I can understand is being high on the job so if there were a way to test that vs smoking off hours than I don’t think it should ever be an issue

ghostpepperlover t1_iy1esmj wrote

It’s a federally funded program and federal law trumps state law in certain situations. Unfortunately, this is a situation I agree with but I have to go along with.

saucyB52 t1_iy04rbe wrote

mild, you mean like mediocre?

shiver mi timbers

−1