Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nahrgs t1_iwno66m wrote

As a Canadian, living in Rhode Island, I always ask for people to bring me a coffee crisp. Also, I've never seen ketchup chips in RI or OHenry although those are essentially Baby Ruth's.

I'm not sure where you are in Canada but just take your friend to bulk barn. My wife's head explodes everytime we go there when we visit. Nothing like it in the US.

nathanaz t1_iwnrhqf wrote

If you’re interested, ocean state job lot has ketchup chips from time to time (along with a bunch of other weird flavors )

degggendorf t1_iwokb1j wrote

And Aldi has been semi-routinely getting dill pickle chips in

nahrgs t1_iwnroj2 wrote

Thanks for the heads up! Personally, I'm not a big fan so I'm not exactly seeking them out.

Siren74 t1_iwnpfcs wrote

Seconding Coffee Crisp! It’s my favorite and I can never find it down here. Also, a Rhode Islander will especially appreciate the coffee connection. (It’s kind of like coffee milk… but candy!!)

MediaCrisis t1_iwo3sfs wrote

I don't know if they ALL have them, but the stop and shop on atwood ave in cranston has coffee crisps.

Also OP, I always ask for the st hubert gravy mix packets for when I try to make sad american poutine at home.

nahrgs t1_iwo40sv wrote

I refuse to believe him they've been this close to me this whole time.

boulevardofdef t1_iwq8cj2 wrote

My research reveals that the Canadian Oh Henry! is sold in the U.S. as Rally, though it's not very common. Oh Henry! is actually an American candy bar, but the Canadian version is now different.

andrewjking1 t1_iwpocmm wrote

I remember for about a week, for some odd reason, the Cumberland Farms on Killingly St. in Johnston had ketchup chips five or so years ago