Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

vegemouse t1_iwsvmzp wrote

Gotta be more specific. There’s way more than just seafood in Providence. What type of food do you like?

Holofro OP t1_iwt11u2 wrote

I like Mexican, Italian, American-fare, and Indian.

zebrawithflowers t1_iwu13g0 wrote

If you like Indian, the folks at Rasoi and Kebab and Curry are super helpful when it comes to accommodating food allergies. By extension, I'd assume the same of their other restaurant, Rasa.

I had written off ever being able to eat Indian food again. My friend with celiac disease told me about Rasoi, and I was thrilled.

So check with one of their restaurants before you go, but they might be a good option!

subtle_likeatrex t1_ix6yv1f wrote

The owner of Rasoi is literally one of the kindest humans I've met in this state! Great rec!

Mutabilitie t1_iwt8fxw wrote

Breakfast and breakfast diners are probably your safest bet. Just make sure they don't have clam chowder on the menu. It is Rhode Island, after all. Italian will definitely have fish and clams. Mexican will have fish tacos. American will have clam chowder as a side. Indian, maybe.

vegemouse t1_iwt1pc5 wrote

For Mexican, I liked Capitol Hill Taqueria. Best and most authentic mexican food I’ve had on the east coast.

There are tons of Italian restaurants on Atwells. I went to Cassarino’s a few weeks ago and it was really good but pricey. I didn’t see any seafood on the menu there.

I’ve only been to Providence once but am moving there at the end of the year, so may not be the best to answer. But I can tell you from my time there that there is a ton of variety of good restaurants.

Holofro OP t1_iwt27h1 wrote

Thank you for your thoughtful answer:)