Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DrMonkeyLove t1_j2be793 wrote

>It wouldn't even stop deaths from covid. Vaccinated people still drop dead from the disease.

Sigh. At a significantly lower rate, but you go right ahead and keep ignoring that fact.

Sarcofaygo t1_j2bi5ya wrote

Does that justify people being strapped down a table and forcibly injected? What if they are immunocomprimised and can't safely take the vaccine? What if they have pre existing heart conditions?

Im guessing you didn't think that far into it

DrMonkeyLove t1_j2djifr wrote

Well, considering zero people have been strapped down and given a COVID shot, your point is moot. But do I think people in healthcare should be required to get a vaccine to continue their employment? Yes, duh.

Oh hey, guess what, if you have a preexisting heart condition, you're better off getting a vaccine because the complications from getting COVID are likely to be worse than that of the vaccine. But you know, science.

Sarcofaygo t1_j2dkohp wrote

>Well, considering zero people have been strapped down and given a COVID shot, your point is moot.

Thats your point. You said that people should be made to get the covid vaccine

>But do I think people in healthcare should be required to get a vaccine to continue their employment? Yes, duh.

What's the point of that when the CDC said that covid positive employees can return to work before fully recovering? I recall there was an outbreak at Slater Memorial hospital due to that policy.

>Oh hey, guess what, if you have a preexisting heart condition, you're better off getting a vaccine because the complications from getting COVID are likely to be worse than that of the vaccine.

Doesn't this falsely assume that getting the vaccine prevents someone from getting covid? 🤔

You already previously admitted that Joe Biden was misinformed when he said taking the vaccine means you won't get covid. Now you are saying the same false) thing. Woof.

> But you know, science.

You just misinterpreted the science and falsely implied that someone with a heart condition who gets the vaccine will not get covid.

This was a talking point from a while ago which falsely implies that taking the vaccine or getting covid is a binary either/or. It's clearly not.

• Joe Biden
  • Jill Biden
  • Kamala Harris
  • Bill Clinton
  • Hillary Clinton
  • Bill Gates
  • Anthony Fauci

All of the above got covid while fully vaccinated and boosted.

So much for....

>Oh hey, guess what, if you have a preexisting heart condition, you're better off getting a vaccine because the complications from getting COVID are likely to be worse than that of the vaccine.

Getting the vaccine does not prevent someone with or without a heart condition from getting covid. It's not an either/or.

But you don't know science.

DrMonkeyLove t1_j2dl7c8 wrote

It doesn't 100% COVID and no one in the scientific community ever claimed it did. It greatly lessened the severity of the disease if you did catch it though, but you just ignore that fact over and over again. I can't continue this conversation anymore. You're too far gone down the anti-science rathole to help. You're going to live the rest of your life in profound ignorance I fear.

Sarcofaygo t1_j2do6pe wrote

You just said that getting a vaccine prevents covid entirely

The same false thing that Biden said.

#President Biden tests positive for COVID, a year after he said vaccines prevent infections

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2022/president-joe-biden-coronavirus-vaccinated/

Which you previously admitted was false.

Vaccines do not prevent infections yet you falsely imply that they do for patients with heart conditions. Not true. 👏

DrMonkeyLove t1_j2dp341 wrote

Wow. You actually did fail English. You clearly don't know what "complication" means in medicine and you lack basic reading comprehension. All the things I said are true and are independent of each other.

A person with heart disease should get the vaccine.

A person with heart disease who is vaccinated will likely have a better outcome if they get COVID.

A person with heart disease who gets vaccinated is less likely to catch COVID.

A person with heart disease who is unvaccinated and catches COVID is much more likely to have a serious form of the disease that may require hospitalization and may lead to death.

Please pay careful attention to the use of the word "likely" and look it up in a dictionary if you need to.

Sarcofaygo t1_j2dprps wrote

That's not what you initially said. You initially gave me the Joe Biden style misinformation that vaccines prevent covid full stop

#President Biden tests positive for COVID, a year after he said vaccines prevent infections

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2022/president-joe-biden-coronavirus-vaccinated/

Biden had the compilications of the vaccine AND the complications of COVID. A 2 for 1 special!

DrMonkeyLove t1_j2dr257 wrote

That's literally exactly what I said, you just can't understand basic English it seems. The sentence I wrote means that whatever vaccine side effects you have plus whatever symptoms you have if you do get COVID are likely going to be overall better than what happens if you are unvaccinated and get COVID. That's it, and that is a fact backed by empirical scientific data.

So that means Joe Biden likely had a much better outcome from being vaccinated and dealing with whatever side effects he had from the vaccines than he would have if he caught COVID and was unvaccinated.

This isn't hard. Try reading beyond a 1st grade level and see if that helps.

Sarcofaygo t1_j2droyp wrote

Nope nope nope 🙅‍♂️

You said either/or. Either you get covid, OR you get vaccinated.

That falsely implies getting the vaccine means you won't get covid

Yet health care workers who were fully vaccinated still got covid

And were then told by the CDC they could go back to work while "asymptomatic" lmao

Where they of course... spread covid while vaccinated.

🤧🤧🤧🤧

DrMonkeyLove t1_j2dtxq3 wrote

No, I didn't. Now you're just making up things you think I said to try and justify your baseless argument. Now you're just delusional.

Sarcofaygo t1_j2dzeaz wrote

I think you are delusional to think that mandating health care workers gets vaccinated would change anything when fully vaccinated health care workers can still catch and spread the disease

#COVID-positive employees can work after Eleanor Slater Hospital declares staffing 'crisis'

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/politics/2022/01/03/ri-covid-hospitalization-surge-eleanor-slater-hospital-staffing-crisis-staff-covid-can-work/9076989002/

4 days later....

#Outbreak reported at Rhode Island hospital after Covid-positive, asymptomatic staff asked to work

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/outbreak-reported-rhode-island-hospital-covid-positive-asymptomatic-st-rcna11376

Woof

DrMonkeyLove t1_j2dzupd wrote

No, no, no, I want you to address that you're lying about what I said. Why do you have to lie about what I said? Why are you lying? Why should I have any conversation with a blatant liar?