Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

gradontripp t1_j5febj4 wrote

I lived in the same Boston neighborhood as the first Bintimani. Then saw they moved to a different neighborhood with a more diverse population, which made sense. Then Boston prices skyrocketed and they, like we, decide to pack up and move to Providence.

Since then, I can’t believe they haven’t had a single chance to open a physical location. I can’t see how, if it’s a grift, it’s working, but man I can’t see them opening anything ever.

Loveroffinerthings OP t1_j5g9wwk wrote

The grift is always asking for money, community fundraising, putting out there that they’ve raised tens of thousands of dollars for a new place, but a new place never comes. I’ve seen like 10 new places open in PVD/Cranston that are small low key places, not sure who would be requiring tens of thousands down to open a space. I have no allegiance with AS220 and only know them as a supportive community space for BIPOC and LBGQT community members, not sure what they would do to a restaurant moving into their space for the owner of Bintimani to be so hateful towards them.