Submitted by AbkaFlab t3_11263fo in StamfordCT

It seems all the car washes in the area are either not touchless or has employees hand washing your car. Are there any that have self service bays or automated touchless washes? I am really just looking to keep salt off my car when it snows (rarely these days I know lol). An automated touchless wash that includes the undercarriage would be a home run. Normally I like to wash my car myself but don't have access to a hose at my apartment.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Massive_Wash_9528 t1_j8id6mf wrote

I just use the car wash at the Old Greenwich Shell station on West Putnam Ave, gets the job done pretty well and I pay 40something a month for unlimited washes.

Glass-Tie-4102 t1_j8ig4x3 wrote

Splash on the Darien line has they self washing bays which are cheap. I used to have a convertible that could only be hand washed and this was the only option.

repFGd7 t1_j8i6t8e wrote

I use the self washing bays at the splash in Darien with the pressure wash hose provided to rinse my car off between real washes. Really just precaution for salt.

AbkaFlab OP t1_j8mt3pu wrote

This sounds like the route I’ll take, thanks

Dutchboy347 t1_j8iet3o wrote

I avoid car washes in Bridgeport Norwalk Darien especially greenwhich. They charge an insane price and wash your car with the lowest quality stuff and don't even do a good job. You're better off doing it yourself. I offroad a lot and the car gets dirty pretty quick I tested over 25 car washes from those towns. I only found a really good one in whiteplains ny and their machines are perfect. $21 for the best wash.

Ale_Pacino t1_j8rrwz9 wrote

Generally not a fan of the washes around here, and lines can be long. However, if I am going to go to a more standard wash, Greenwich auto spa is pretty great. Good pricing and no scratches on my black car (...massive knock on wood), and the towel drying is a huge help.

I really think the blowers at most of the self serve places just unfortunately don't do a great job or else I would do them more. A friend of mine says Star Wash in Norwalk is pretty decent, as well.

dignan_007 t1_j8x88wh wrote

Check out Russell Speeder’s on Main St. It isn’t touchless but you can get unlimited washes for $25 or $30 a month. It is a decent wash and go at least 1 once or twice a week.