Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

yikesonbikes1230 t1_j74da2v wrote

Have you read the article they put out last week? They literally said they know there will be blowback but they ultimately think this will work in their favor and are not going to back down.

ndngroomer t1_j75codg wrote

Looks like it's time to start buying shorts in Netflix stocks.

yikesonbikes1230 t1_j769a35 wrote

I was thinking the same thing but I literally have no clue how to do that lol

-1KingKRool- t1_j76r6bf wrote

Step 1: download trading app (Robinhood, Fidelity, Webull, TD Ameritrade, etc)

Step 2: create account.

Step 3: put some money in it.

Step 4: get approved for option trading.

Step 5: buy puts if you think it’s going down fast, calls if you think it’s going up fast.

Step 6: profit.

Now seriously though, don’t. Give it a lot of thought, don’t use money you can’t lose, and visit r/wallstreetbets to get an idea of how wrong options trades can go.

bdone2012 t1_j77fwsm wrote

I'm not sure you were serious but from my little understanding, shorting stocks can be a bad idea. Normally when you buy a stock the theoretical worst case scenario is that it winds up worth nothing.

When you short a stock it's the opposite, meaning that theoretically it could go up indefinitely. I'm not sure exactly how the numbers work out but let's say you short Netflix and it somehow went up 10x you'd now owe a lot more money than the amount that you originally shorted them for.

So by accident you could potentially go into debt when you thought you were shorting for an amount that you could reasonably lose.