Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Flako118st t1_j7vcllw wrote

You may not understand it. But most of us love this country, because we saw the before in our home countries. It's difficult but we do love this country. A shelter,a home, I wish I had the words,but for me as Mexican when I was allowed to travel I noticed how bad it is. I can call the cops,go to a hospital and even will be given free food,that's not the same in our home countries. First you pay ,and then you get help. That's it. This country took me in and I'll fight for it if needed. Idk if that makes sense.

LupusDeusMagnus t1_j7w38eu wrote

Apparently you have to live in the US to join the US army - I thought it was just people joining the US army like in Ukraine or Spain. It made things a bit more sensical, still stupid they don’t get political rights - if you put your life on the line for a country the bare minimum it could do was to concede you full political and civil rights.

Specially messed up because, you know, the US is somewhat fond of war crimes and what not, but they actually have the power to just say fuck you to the International courts and protect its war criminals from prosecution. In cases like these, of non citizens being deported, it kinda opens the opportunity for them to get sent to an international court. Basically doing that government dirty work and then being thrown to the wolves.

ContactLeft7417 t1_j7yp0dr wrote

As a Mexican who's lived in the US I highly disagree. I can live way better here. Hell, even US citizens are realizing they can too and moving in droves.

You can afford rent with minimum wage, for starters.