Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Gerrut_batsbak t1_j84gv79 wrote

If the reaction wasn't " thanks" , it was the wrong reaction.

Tamariniak t1_j84wet3 wrote

It was “I will always remember the generous aid sent by the people of Armenia to help alleviate the sufferings of our people in the earthquake-stricken region in Turkey,” so yeah, basically a "Thanks."

Gerrut_batsbak t1_j851cti wrote

have to admit i commented before i read the article.
But indeed, you are correct.

AugustWolf22 t1_j85zeu3 wrote

I admit, I misread it as 'rejects' at first, then I noticed which sub this was and read the title again.

I'm really glad that despite the terrible history and diplomatic relations between the two, the Armenians still found the kindness to send aid and help to Turkey in it's hour of need and that the Turkish government allowed the aid in. Hopefully this will have a long term positive impact on Turkish-Armenian relations.

CannolisRUs t1_j88hn7n wrote

I know that government doesn’t usually reflect the feelings of the people, but I still think it’s unacceptable that the Turkish government hasn’t made a statement of recognition of the genocide.

I’m deeply saddened for the Turkish people who lost their lives, close ones, and homes. But the government owes Armenia more than a “thank you” in my opinion

sabersquirl t1_j87fuc3 wrote

We are on uplifting news, so even if it wasn’t strictly a “thanks” we can infer from the context they weren’t being dicks