Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

snekbat t1_j8n2qyi wrote

My commute takes 40 minutes for a round trip in my car. It takes over 2.5 hours if I take public transport, as well as me not being on time for the start of my shift even if I take the earliest option, and costing €14 for the round trip. Not to mention the fact that half of the busses on this particular line didn't even drive today due to staff shortages.

Public transport only makes sense if you're either living and working in a major city (in which case, why aren't you taking a bike anyway?), or commuting between major cities.

M8rio t1_j8n5bzs wrote

Like I said PB might have some issues, I know what I talking about-living in bumfuck part of Slovakia.
I do also know, that all public transport in EU si subsidised, so number of links, they routes and timetables are scheduled by local authorities, You need to take an action: write a letter to your council and inform them that there is this problem. They love solving problems if its for free: rerouting, or changing schedules cost almost nothing if so, and they can boast it in campaign. Of course is different in really rural areas, like in place, where I have my cabin- there are 2 buses per day, but its still manageble.

snekbat t1_j8n92ja wrote

Sadly, that's not how it works in the Netherlands, we work on a system similar to UK railroads with private companies servicing certain claims. I probably don't need to tell you it sucks a**.