Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

joofish t1_j8wl8sw wrote

Yep, don’t tell anyone, but the mods of /r/upliftingnews are in the pockets of big oyster. Read the article before jumping to conspiracy at least bc it answers that question in the first two sentences

frowavay1 t1_j8wm4lj wrote

Buts it’s sooo much easier to express uninformed outrage than it is to read.

justingod99 t1_j8ycsbb wrote

Outrage? He is giving $9M millions in taxpayer funds to a single non-profit. Can I ask for people’s opinion on said non-profit?

frowavay1 t1_j8yhz8d wrote

You totally can. But you absolutely did not in your first comment.

okram2k t1_j8wmywm wrote

Okay I read it. The sentence after has me concerned again. "The funds are said to foster essential capital projects for museums, community centers, medical and athletic facilities, community revitalization, and historical buildings."

Those are all great things but have nothing to do with preserving oysters unless there's a city named Oyster or something.

−1

joofish t1_j8wqj41 wrote

That’s referring to the 13.7 million in public works funding not the 9.1 million oyster grant. If you read a couple more sentences, you will find out what the oyster preservation organization does.

okram2k t1_j8ws0rk wrote

Okay. I re-read that paragraph three times. And I think I finally kind of understand it. But it was written absolutely awfully. Mentioning the public works funding first in an article about oyster preservation is really god damn confusing.