Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fuck_huffman t1_j9xditr wrote

> a cheap way to get from A to B.

LAX to SFO under $100 every half hour or so

trackdaybruh t1_j9xfpyp wrote

Now getting to LAX is going to take longer than actually flying from LAX to SFO

Iz-kan-reddit t1_j9xhnk0 wrote

Then go to Burbank, Ontario, Long Beach...

trackdaybruh t1_j9xi5p8 wrote

Since they’re smaller (which means less flight), they don’t always have same day flight availability

And they tend to be more expensive than LAX

Iz-kan-reddit t1_j9yv8sb wrote

>Since they’re smaller (which means less flight), they don’t always have same day flight availability

The smaller airports fly to fewer destinations. They have enough seats for everyone who wants one to go to the bay area.

Southwest runs 13 flights from LAX to SFO, versus 10 from ONT. Plenty of seats for whomever wants one

>And they tend to be more expensive than LAX

$308 from LAX versus $348 from ONT. Factor in the pain in the ass of LAX and it's a wash, unless your time is worthless to you.

trackdaybruh t1_j9z47rq wrote

Where are you getting $40 difference? For same day flight (today) I’m getting around a $100 difference between LAX vs ONT ($450 vs $550)

And we’re moving away from the “LA to SFO for under $100” price point at this point like the OP was claiming

Iz-kan-reddit t1_j9zctq8 wrote

Actually, I think I grabbed tomorrow's prices.

As for the sub-$100, that's long gone, including HSR projected pricing.

It seems like not that long ago I'd take the ONT-SJC flights for $89 like someone would ride the local bus, but it's been twenty years.

VentureQuotes t1_j9xljqc wrote

Who knows how long for security, so arrive an hour before. Get to lax and sfo by surface car, not fun. After you land, wait however long on the tarmac because the airline doesn’t have its shit together. And jet flying is like injecting AIDS into earth’s veins

priznut t1_j9zk0uj wrote

With a family of 2 fuck that. My wife and I just drive between LA and bay area. Less than 5-6 hours and no shitty airport issues.

When that train is available I’m the first one to disney land.