Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

FeelDT t1_irvg9fc wrote

They focus on aviation because selenium seems like a lot more scarce than lithium, so looks like it will never be use in mass production until they found a replacement for this compound.

gregorydgraham t1_irvl1a0 wrote

Selenium? You mean the stuff farmers give to sheep to prevent sleeping sickness?

ruimikemau t1_irvo37b wrote

In that movie with David Duchovny, they manage to get loads of selenium from Head & Shoulders shampoo bottles and kill the huge alien with it.

rckrusekontrol t1_irvxo8o wrote

You mean that science documentary, Evolution? It’s quite simple, as Arsenic is poison to Carbon based life forms, it follows that Selenium, the next element over, would be poison to Nitrogen based life forms.

gregorydgraham t1_irvp59l wrote

Narrow it down a bit, I’ve ignored a lot of David Duchovny movies

ruimikemau t1_irvp984 wrote

Evolution (2001). Comedy Sci-Fi

Dr-P-Ossoff t1_is0snug wrote

I like the movie a lot, but the copy I got did not have the scene with the suburban moms, I miss it; “I don’t have A dog!”.

spacecoyote300 t1_irw49br wrote

That movie also established that "cacaw cacaw" and "tookie tookie" don't work

floatingsaltmine t1_irx8xqd wrote

What the fuck is wrong with my brain that I remember everything about that scene and can even picture it.

219523501 t1_irvszsg wrote

Selenium? You mean the stuff I use in my hair for dandruff?

snoogans8056 t1_irvvyvs wrote

CA CAW CA CAW TOOKIE TOOKIE

jafjaf23 t1_irvy2ux wrote

A humorless ice princess in need of a good humping

Erislocker t1_irw391w wrote

i thought we established that Ca Caw and tookie tookie doesn't work...

oh...nevermind.
Sing! Sing! Rub some funk on it!

(love that movie)

TldrDev t1_irwehwu wrote

Selenium? You mean the open source umbrella project for a range of tools and libraries aimed at supporting browser automation?

deck4242 t1_irvv8sk wrote

ok so for now its kinda useless until they find a way to make it easy , cheap and eco friendly (aka no more mining)

−4

Dorocche t1_irvxgha wrote

Not useless, just not universal either. Like the article suggests, there's enough selenium to use it in planes-- yknow, if it works out-- just not for cars, phones, everything else in the world that needs batteries.