Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AutoModerator t1_izkatu7 wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

SomethingIrreverent t1_izkgf0t wrote

Maybe this will drive the price of dried mango down to something a bit more affordable than $10/lb.

freeshavocadew t1_izkzhu5 wrote

Am in the US, can I get some cheap mangoes plz?

dalfio t1_izl3ntu wrote

I want some mango now

DrSeuss19 t1_izll6xu wrote

Wish I was in Australia right now

hayster t1_izllcxk wrote

I hope this flows over to nz. Those r2e2 mangos are so good

frealfr t1_izlmkwu wrote

Mango margaritas are the best!

witchyanne t1_izlom7v wrote

I wish that was true in U.K. - I love mango!

mauore11 t1_izlr6g4 wrote

Same here. During peak season, you can't give mangos away. There's so many the price drops to zero.

MechanicalMan64 t1_izlus3l wrote

Wait... The guiding principle of the modern economic system 'supply and demand" can mean lower prices? When did this start?

Wvitchblxdes t1_izlvyd9 wrote

give me them, I’ll single-handedly fix the problem

notsoluckycharm t1_izlwkb7 wrote

Although the end consumer may see some benefit, the majority of mango used commercially isn’t in fruit format or even IQF. Its likely they’ll just convert to an aseptic format and store for years. You’ll be seeing even more mango beer next year, probably.

gcool7 t1_izm13g8 wrote

Uhh send them to me

iamfuturetrunks t1_izm7aus wrote

As someone in ND, I also experience this annoyance. I didn't try mangos until I went to college and they had them at a salad bar (they were frozen before being thawed out) I had to ask what they were. They were delicious. Haven't had any good ones since then. I actually went to a walmart once and saw some and figured why not (they were green) and waited a long time for them to "ripen" only to be told they were mainly for cooking. -_-

TheWalkingDead91 t1_izma2wj wrote

We don’t even have good mangos here. Thankfully I live in Florida, where good back yard mango varieties are easy to find when they’re in season….but the mangos they sell in stores suck by comparison. Good for a smoothie or making a dessert, but otherwise not that good.

Denadiss t1_izmbbih wrote

Grew up on South East Asia and have visited Australia. Mangos shouldn't be expensive at all in Australia. That stupid as hell.

Oh no! Greedy capitalists can't afford to price gouge a fruit anymore to buy second house. Best say things are plummeting.

Afferbeck_ t1_izmz2vk wrote

Am currently there, very glad it's barely summer. We've had like 2 hot days so far, been completely comfortable otherwise. It's going to be like 26 degrees all week. Hope it keeps that up til Christmas because sitting around in a pool of sweat isn't a fun way to celebrate when some crooner is banging on about dashing through the snow. Last year was brutal.

notsocoolnow t1_izn51xb wrote

As it happens, visiting Perth next week. Lovely fruit grown there. Adding gorging on mangos to my itinerary!

dangerislander t1_iznt6fi wrote

No wonder my family bought 2 box trays of mangoes!!! Lol

bryan_pieces t1_iznxtm4 wrote

Am I the only one who eats frozen mango by the handfuls every day?

KlM-J0NG-UN t1_izsk0a2 wrote

Can we do this but with apartments instead? Thanks