Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

sjpllyon t1_j0tvamb wrote

I grew up in Spain. People never cared about this in the first place, not in a native way. They just didn't care if a boy played with dolls or a girl with cars. If a guy wanted to do girly things he could, and vice versa. This was in a small very traditional village. All the cared about was being happy and living a good life. The only judged you based on your personality, and your actions. They helped people in need without thought.

Very least that was my experience of the country.

bofh000 t1_j0uv9la wrote

You must have had a happy, carefree childhood. Unfortunately it’s not the norm. Not in Spain and not in many other places. One kid at my son’s school made fun of a colleague’s football trainers because they were “girls’ shoes” because they were black with orange thread. And the football kid never wanted to wear those (quite expensive) shoes ever again.

In kindergarten we made them medieval knight’s costumes from those special plastic bags that look like trash bags … some of the boys got a pink tunic with red or blue, or purple or green accents … we mixed the colors randomly. None of the kids had problems with that. But one dad did and said we either gave his son a different color tunic or he’s not walking in the carnival parade. It was quite shitty and we would’ve held our ground to prove to him that he was being ridiculous, but for the kid’s sake we have in and gave him an orange tunic. It’s been a few years and so far none of the kids who wore pink have turned into girls or whatever ridiculous notion that fool had.

Most of the girls’ clothing are just variations of white, pink and purple and very few don’t have something sparkly or glittery or with tule.

The thing is the majority of girls are more drawn to pink and sparkly and the boys to more sporty stuff, but for anyone not into those very specific and limiting tastes there’s no options.

AutoModerator t1_j0tqv6c wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

nate_rausch t1_j0wg7d0 wrote

As with most other posts there, this is what 14 year old girls who are very into politics would be very for, but it is not surely an universally appreciated good news?

Surely this is even controversial among the left, since it is a policy that is distinctively cis-normative, as the ideologoues would have it, this sort of policy idea was very favored by 14 year old girls in 2012, but today seems quint even for that segment. For the rest of the population it is either useless or something many would oppose.

−3

moistrain t1_j0wnein wrote

Imagine being bothered by ungendering toys and encouraging free expression in children. The HORROR.

nate_rausch t1_j0z4f07 wrote

Toys are important, children are important, forcing your ideology and possibly delusions (everything is socially constructed, no real world or nature) is not a bizarre thing to think is harmful

moistrain t1_j10ztwr wrote

That's a lot of words for "I'm transphobic"

nate_rausch t1_j126dxt wrote

Dont you find it embarassing to throw around the woke slurs, it is 2022, that stuff is thoroughly discredited and do not embarass anyone except the people saying them

cry_w t1_j0y0825 wrote

Mate, children already have predispositions towards certain toys from a very early age. This is a solution to a non-existent problem.

−1