Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Galkura t1_j5tkgo4 wrote

To be fair, in terms of the no trespassing signs, it says they went up after the 30th anniversary brought 1500+ visitors PER DAY to the neighborhood.

I think anyone should understand that’s reasonable to close your house off to, and it likely had a lot more going on than just people coming by to take pictures.

I definitely think their political views were garbage, but let’s not pretend it’s an extremely entitled way of thinking to believe it’s shitty to close your personal home off to the public.

JessumB t1_j5twhne wrote

That's a small street and an even smaller driveway up the house, I can't imagine a couple dozen people trying to pack it in, let alone hundreds and then the people that live around there, many of whom have been there for a long time having to deal with all the crowds and people showing up at all hours, yes, all hours of the day and night.

I think too many forget that its an actual real neighborhood with people trying to go about their day to day lives and not some movie set.

BarbequedYeti t1_j5tzq6e wrote

> I think too many forget that its an actual real neighborhood with people trying to go about their day to day lives and not some movie set.

Exactly.. The guy that bought it doesnt even seem to live there, so he wont have to deal with the day to day issues. 1500 people a day through that neighborhood. 1500... Holy shit. Thats like a small amusement park at that point. I cant even imagine how long it would take you to get back to your house if you had to run out to get something.

I cant recall if it was this house or the breaking bad house. There was a story not long ago that the owner had to keep repairing their roof because people kept throwing pizzas on it. Anyone thinking the 'public' is going to respect those neighbors houses is delusional. People meet their death every year doing stupid shit for a photo and internet points. This will continue to be a shit show for the other neighbors.

TylerBourbon t1_j5u3bra wrote

>I cant recall if it was this house or the breaking bad house. There was a story not long ago that the owner had to keep repairing their roof because people kept throwing pizzas on it.

That was the Breaking Bad house.

chookatee2019 t1_j5u7n28 wrote

I'd set up a pop up tent at the bottom and have people form a line. Then charge admission. Even if i didn't live there :)

DanitesHell t1_j5xet93 wrote

I’d imagine the city could and probably would shut that down pretty quickly if it causes traffic or they received complaints. Unless the property is zoned as commercial, which i doubt it is.

mopsyd t1_j5uca4a wrote

Don’t but a movie house if you don’t want to deal with movie house stuff. This is like buying the cheap house next to the airport and then complaining about noise. You knew what you were getting into.

Galkura t1_j5v2i2w wrote

Nah.

You can expect people to come by and take pictures and see stuff. You might even expect the occasional trespass.

But people don’t expect the sheer amount of difference and the sheer number of people who will come and fuck with your house.

Like, 1500 people coming by a day? No one is going to expect that, even with a movie house.

Take the BB house for example. People were somewhat okay with the pictures and stuff at first. Then people started throwing the pizzas. You can expect and be okay with one thing, but people taking it too far will ruin it.

People aren’t entitled to fuck with a house just because the house was in a show or movie that they liked.

mopsyd t1_j5v4md6 wrote

They are not entitled to but they are going to. Fandoms do crazy stuff, and if you are even tangentially connected then you are subject to it. If you take it in stride, it can actually be a pretty beneficial annoyance. If you push back they will make your life awful, but they are going to show up either way.