Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DerekL1963 t1_j73bhhc wrote

cohete_rojo t1_j74bbph wrote

That's a cool tool!

deepkick120 t1_j752vt1 wrote

Even better, there’s an app called Peakfinder that gives you a POV wireframe version of this from pretty much anywhere. Best five bucks you’ll spend this month

bedlog t1_j7793hl wrote

thank you for the link and thanks Everett Herald !!

whidbeysounder t1_j738p2w wrote

I always feel it’s underrated, not the tallest but cool shape

aFlippantAmphibian t1_j73o0y0 wrote

Growing up I always thought it was three fingers mountain but Mt Baring is technically correct

dokelyok t1_j78cpcc wrote

I did too. Or I guess I always heard it as three sisters? Is that a different mountain altogether? I feel dumb now since I grew up in Snohomish and now live here again and have seen these mountains a million times.

Inside_a_whale t1_j73ourc wrote

Great hiking objective. People BASE jump off the taller peak.

c-g-joy t1_j74hpdb wrote

It is an awesome hike, though quite strenuous with 3,500 feet of gain in 3.5 miles. It’s the 3rd steepest mountain in WA. There are also climbing routes along the north face. Unfortunately the whole area will be closed until at least the beginning of 2024, due to the Bolt Creek fire. While people do base jump from the summit, it is illegal to do so. There have been accidents and several deaths.

deepkick120 t1_j752zmb wrote

Where are you finding figures on steepest mountains?

c-g-joy t1_j75fo48 wrote

I remembered reading it while researching the route before hiking it.
A quick google search pulled up summitpost.org’s list.

ChickenFriedRiceee t1_j74lkon wrote

Side thought, living in the east side of the state. Every time we stopped in north bend. The views were amazing.

wildskies2525 t1_j75yd0b wrote

The tattoo on my bicep is based on that peak. Really great memories while growing up in the Skykomish River area(near Gold Bar)

No-Cheese-Please t1_j77o8io wrote

I didn’t know the actually name of the mountain but is this in the Tatoosh Range?

tbevans03 t1_j7a579r wrote

Download Peak Finder.

TheDreadPirateIcarus t1_j7d7o2o wrote

There are some really good peak identification apps for phones that use the camera. I've been using PeakFinder for years - but it is a paid app. I can't recommend any of the free ones.

Iamasansguy t1_j74yp7b wrote

It kinda looks like the Tetons.

−1

washdot t1_j75o0go wrote

It does look like a part of the Tetons from the Tetonia side, about 1/3 of the Tetons. I’ll be driving by there next week.

meeatch t1_j75018j wrote

3 sisters

−3

leericol t1_j75mfty wrote

I think you're thinking of 3 fingers but this actually isn't it

meeatch t1_j75mkyw wrote

I didn't see the Washington part either, was thinking Alberta. So I was actually wrong twice 😂