Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bananapanther7 t1_iriedd6 wrote

Wow. Is this normal? Or is this more of what to expect on a weekend?

washdot OP t1_iriri98 wrote

This was yesterday at around 2:00pm. I had heard about the hoards showing up scoring their visits to the beautiful places in the NCP. As I traveled further on, next place is Easy Pass, no one there and Blue Lake wasn’t that crowded either. Just had not seen that many cars there. Ironically, the smoke was so heavy, you could barely see Diablo Lake. I don’t think I would enjoy a hike with 50 people crowding along.

[deleted] t1_iriyfvp wrote

[deleted]

MarmotMossBay t1_irj1ktt wrote

10 am isn’t early I’m afraid.

[deleted] t1_irj25lz wrote

[deleted]

MarmotMossBay t1_irjbywc wrote

It would be early for me, but my kids who live an hr away and go for sunrise hikes say this is the status quo. Which is kinda sad because it seems like some folks not only need to learn the Ten Essentials but Leave No Trace and that includes no sharing trail tunes.

bananapanther7 t1_irirzwc wrote

For sure. We’re thinking about moving to Tacoma, mostly for the reason to be able to do hikes like this whenever we want to, but if this is the norm, I would be a little depressed. I feel like the less popular spots would be less crowded, and maybe during the week it would be less crowded.

[deleted] t1_iriy2m3 wrote

[deleted]

bananapanther7 t1_irjh0hf wrote

Lol. I feel like that in Texas. Everyone and their dog has moved here in the last 2 years. I guess we have a big state, so theoretically more room…?

washdot OP t1_irisu5u wrote

I’ve been to many places up there, have a place in Winthrop, this is the 1st time I’ve seen this many cars! Nice weekends are always busy. Always go mid week.