Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Studious_Noodle t1_isrked6 wrote

Poor mountain. I wish it lots of snow, and soon.

lurkerfromstoneage t1_isrqmze wrote

That and “hubby” …. 🤢

Edit: the original now deleted comment was “wifey”…. Those two words are so cringey to me (and my fiancé)😅 lol. People are so up in arms about this wow. 😒🤷🏼‍♀️

−6

yahbishyou OP t1_isrsy8l wrote

Help us out what mountain is this? Sorry for being novice but can’t learn if I don’t ask.

Aksar0 t1_iss2867 wrote

You looked at a picture of a mountain and managed to be offended about a relationship of strangers. This says more about you than almost anything else ever could.

dannyjimp t1_issqn5o wrote

Cool pic, but “wifey”???

DumbCoyotePup t1_ist3t3s wrote

It's almost like the oligarchy in our area needs to deter people.. awwh but their oversized wallets might hurrttssiiesss...

(I hate hate hate seeing new rabbit hutches for humans being built in my town. I'm fine with slowly a new house here and there but not fucking sims level of copy paste.)

satellite779 t1_istdfdt wrote

Cool photo. You can see Paradise visitor center area as well as Reflection lakes if you zoom in.

SubieToyotaNW t1_isto3q0 wrote

That is very scary. Not looking good for next spring and summer for water supply and general health of the ecosystem

NeeBob t1_isuqza1 wrote

Kinda looks like a forbidden whitehead.

iamlucky13 t1_isvcc8n wrote

Seattle's drinking water doesn't come from glaciers. The entirety of the Cedar River Watershed and the South Fork Tolt River Watershed are below 5500 feet. There's no glaciers there. Most of their area is below 4,000 feet. They typically have completed melting out by late May or early June, and the remaining inflows are from percolation through the ground.

These supplies last through the summer primarily based on storage behind a couple small dams on the upper reaches of Cedar and South Fork Tolt Rivers.

Seattle has had great success with conservation efforts delaying the point when demand from the growing population exceeds that supply. I think it's been pushed back literal decades, if I remember right. Climate change may accelerate it slightly again because the spring snowpack is effectively additional storage.

Regardless, whenever it happens, the response will be to raise the dams on either or both of those lakes to increase the storage capacity.

yahbishyou OP t1_itoveff wrote

So help me out. Cringe for you is a word where you add a y at the end? Please elaborate the difference. Also as someone who has dealt with depression you feel you “must” share your disapproval? I guess that computes.

lurkerfromstoneage t1_itsb0ex wrote

So help me out. 1) you had to dig into my comment or post history to find a way to jab at me? Who says because I’ve dealt with depression and mental illness in my history that it defines me now? Pretty judgmental and presumptive of you. And a week later and now you express your butthurt rebuttal? 2) “Cringe” is technically/grammatically a verb or noun. “Cringey” or “Cringeworthy” are adjectives. “Cringe” is improper but new slang. So “cringy” or “cringey” are absolutely valid and correct. Do your own research. 3) Why can I not have an opinion and/or agree with another commenter? So you feel that only your echo chamber or people that jive with you can say anything? I guess that computes.