Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

OneSpellWizard t1_it7yvfj wrote

I'm failing to see what's unique about his candidacy /s

"screw you" seems to be the most common political platform these days 😂

Twin_Peaks_Townie OP t1_it81dpa wrote

It's the radical candor that I love! Someone who tells it how it is...

bloodfist t1_it93fzu wrote

I feel like I could get a beer with him

Twin_Peaks_Townie OP t1_it9ds49 wrote

Have had the pleasure of sharing several with him. He's a great guy and big part of the very small Downtown Snoqualmie community. He's a big gear head and has helped lots of the locals with car repairs and maintenance. If he ever wanted to run for city council I guarantee he'd win.

darlantan t1_it8r1ri wrote

Yeah, but that fact he admits it and it's only a casual "screw you" makes me think he may be the best candidate available.

Frankly, if I remember, there's a very good chance this guy gets at least 1 vote for quite a few offices.

GodlessHippie t1_it8e31i wrote

I know it’s not the focus of the post but boy do I love the taproom and brewery in snoqualmie. Some of my best high school memories were playing at the open mic nights there

Twin_Peaks_Townie OP t1_it8ngoa wrote

The brewery has been awesome this summer! The only downside has been the inconsistency with the kitchen. The place has so much potential, but it could be run a lot better.

DangerousMusic14 t1_it8rry7 wrote

With loss of Rogue’s pub in Issaquah, there’s not a lot left for comfy beer venues. Miss their burgers circa 2005. Hope it survives.

Hyperobjeckt t1_it9gv9j wrote

I actually thought this post might be a sneaky ad for the brewery until reading your comment

Twin_Peaks_Townie OP t1_itaitxz wrote

Lol! I could totally see how you might think that. (Un)fortunately downtown Snoqualmie is super small, so you get to know pretty much everyone around here. He put up signs at all the local watering holes, and the brewery was a prime spot since it’s a place that the locals as well as tourists flock to. But in this case, the sign went up here because it’s a spot that the other locals will undoubtedly see.

N3G4T1V_2 t1_itao04e wrote

Can confirm, it is a prime spot for anyone to be if they're in Snoqualmie.

N3G4T1V_2 t1_it8xvgr wrote

I love the root beer there

GodlessHippie t1_it9x4zj wrote

Probably doxxing myself but it’s my dads recipe!

N3G4T1V_2 t1_ita3w89 wrote

It's good stuff. Recommend it to everyone I know who'll drink it.

curtmandu t1_it89b3f wrote

Any vote not going to Smiley is a win, cheers !🍻

13bagsofcheese t1_it8ggy1 wrote

Unless it takes away a vote from a candidate that could beat her.

curtmandu t1_it8nvd4 wrote

The assumption that it does is where you’re fuckin up.

−3

Pup_Folfe t1_it8cpoz wrote

Here here! The political adds are so annoying! Like B***h shut up! I'm trying to listen to the Men's Room!

MoreTrueMe t1_ita7g4q wrote

Based on the content of her ads she doesn’t even know what the job of a senator is. Anyone with even half a clue what a Senator does would be completely put off by her immense ignorance of the powers and responsibilities of a US Senator.

JerkOffTaco t1_it8gs6j wrote

We have a guy here in Arizona (I moved here from WA in July) who goes by Dixon Butts. Campaign signs and everything. He raises money for suicide prevention. I have a feeling he will get several hundreds of write-in votes.

timmorris82 t1_it9kfqw wrote

Where are you at? My family moved to Gilbert last year.

JerkOffTaco t1_it9kjd6 wrote

North Gilbert. Close to Mesa. It’s fun!

timmorris82 t1_it9m7m1 wrote

Nice, if you miss the NW craft brews, there’s a place called Wicked Rain that just opened up on Baseline you should check out.

esperanzanaut t1_itaswk1 wrote

that's for sure a candidate I could see myself getting behind

eggbox360 t1_itbxnh1 wrote

Hello from Flagstaff! (I dont live here my s/o’s family does)

crumblednewman t1_it87thq wrote

I was going to write in Paul Reubens, but this will work too. /s

Twin_Peaks_Townie OP t1_it89x37 wrote

Do it! I would love to see this guy get enough votes that it's noticeable when the results are available.

bebespeaks t1_it8gf86 wrote

I always write in Jimmy Carter.

kvrdave t1_itby14k wrote

I'm loyal to Goodspaceguy, but thanks.

B-ert t1_it860kc wrote

Vanity candidate

RevengeOfTheDong t1_itbjof5 wrote

I used to work with this dude, probably would be better than the other options lol

link4253 t1_it96kka wrote

The mayor we need, not the one we deserve

mojo21136 t1_it9j2e1 wrote

I'm making my own sign and am formally announcing my to campaign against him for whatever. or not...

NovaNom t1_it9m3xl wrote

I would vote for him based on the sign alone.

Zarkxac t1_itca6ie wrote

Honestly I feel like I see one more political sign every morning and they've slowly accumulated into a whe mess.

CamDaHuMan t1_itacq1x wrote

I’m going to be pretty mad at Matt if Murray loses and we have Tiffany Smiley’s national abortion ban.

−1

Twin_Peaks_Townie OP t1_itaj0rm wrote

I think that those who actually care will still vote for Murray, but if you can’t stomach the idea of voting (D) then Matt is a great choice.

TopRevenue2 t1_ital0mz wrote

Wait what? If Murray wins we get Smiley's ban? I thought they were running against each other.

rycallan2 t1_it8xyjq wrote

Write him in for every role! Let’s make it happen redditors!!!

−5

MadisonPearGarden t1_it8oc9e wrote

Joke write-ins are a waste of taxpayer money. It costs extra in resources and employee wages to tabulate write-in votes.

The write-in process exists so the electorate can take action in extraordinary circumstances that warrant it.

You’re just wasting our money when you do this for shits and giggles.

−6

kmwlff t1_it8rcl8 wrote

Stfu bruh I am certain you don’t bitch about half the shit that wastes money in the government

tyj0322 t1_itc7tu7 wrote

Maybe better candidates should run…

broham97 t1_it9x1sq wrote

When has this state ever cared about how effectively taxpayer money is spent lol

−2