Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

monkey_trumpets t1_j1y1e5l wrote

I also don't particularly recommend the Rain Forest Village Resort. It was kinda shabby. I would suggest looking into vrbo. For only slightly more than a cabin/hotel you can rent an entire house, often on a decent amount of land. There is also the Lake Quinault Lodge, which is a more upscale standard sort of hotel. Also, if you're planning on eating in, you'll want to stock up before heading to the Lake Quinault area since the nearest grocery store is an hour away. Internet is also spotty throughout the entire area, so download any maps you'll want to use before heading out (and maybe some movies). I will also highly recommend the Maple Glade Rain Forest Trail. It is like walking through a fairy tale. Also taking the scenic drive around the lake, starting at the south side of the lake. Just be aware that after a point the road turns to gravel, and the return trip on the north side of the lake (Northshore Rd) is also gravel for a good stretch, and only one lane for quite a bit, through a fairly spooky and not super exciting stretch. Also, when we were there, December 16th-20th, the only restaurant that served lunch was a bit away in Amanda Park, so that is something to take into consideration. Not sure what it is like other times of the year.