Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DCinSEAtown t1_j3kcl24 wrote

Ah yes the Post Hotel!

Sacredgeometry12 OP t1_j3kcrni wrote

Such a nice hotel. Leavenworth is beautiful and the town is quite lovely.

Ikihara t1_j3nsiao wrote

Love Post Hotel!

DCinSEAtown t1_j3okow9 wrote

We loved it. Going back in August and again for Christmas. Booking is open 18 months out now.

cd637 t1_j3oe9cq wrote

Would love to stay there sometime but I'm too poor. $600+ a night seems outrageous and a 2 night minimum on weekends. That's like a small fortune just for a hotel room.

DCinSEAtown t1_j3okhko wrote

It's $800 a night now. It does include breakfast, lunch, and evening dessert. Plus all the spa time you can get.

loudlady52 t1_j3pf2td wrote

Can you define "spa time"? What does that include?

DCinSEAtown t1_j3tz4lc wrote

Indoor/outdoor pool. Outdoor hot tub. Indoor hot tub. Around 20 different saunas: hot, cold, dry, damp, wet. Two cold plunge pools. A nap room. Other rooms to relax and chill in. There is also a full service spa to get massages, those are extra.

Gently_55 t1_j3lybuc wrote

Part of me wants to say, “wow, yeah it is!”, but the kid in me who grew up going to Steven’s pass and Leavenworth would ask people to stop advertising it because it’s too crowded now. But it’s too crowded because Veil co. And annoying west siders, so carry on.

OblongRectum t1_j3nnag6 wrote

Leavenworth blew up during COVID year-round but it was very trafficked during christmas lighting season for the last 10+ years. Vail actually REDUCED traffic by jacking up steven's pass prices and doing away with things like powder packs and locals days/nights.

OblongRectum t1_j3nn34e wrote

and tourists routinely trash it, act entitled and drunk in the restaurants, and ratfuck traffic

Magrik t1_j3n73st wrote

The Post Hotel is amazing. So damn relaxing. My wife and I are spending a week there in February. Really excited. I'm hoping there is more snow.

Ecojiro t1_j3miw8s wrote

It is beautiful! And the Enchantments are just absurdly so.

RaikageQ t1_j3li1jn wrote

I’m headed there today. How were roads?

hardcorpsteacher t1_j3lufqs wrote

Highway is fine, except Tumwater canyon right before town is still closed so add 30 mins to your drive for the Chumstick detour.

Side streets in downtown are fine.

Side streets in neighborhoods are pretty terrible. The town is out of places to put snow. If you park in the neighborhood please make sure you aren't blocking driveways or making streets single lane by blocking.

Mizu-Rivaille t1_j45cfoa wrote

How was the trip!? I kinda want to go next Friday but I'm worried about the roads. Hope you got there safe!

steamedfarts t1_j3nd41v wrote

damn yeah, I can definitely see why the Nords like it out here.

[deleted] t1_j3kepmd wrote

Overhyped 😂

−25

ruckus666 t1_j3kfsyr wrote

Alternative suggestions?

aseaflight t1_j3m67dl wrote

Depending what you're into - Packwood.

Not as many stores, though it is growing quickly. But lots of skiing and outdoor activities

ruckus666 t1_j3mar0z wrote

Fair! I've done the annual flea markets and driven through a lot, but not much in the town caught my eye. Maybe it's better during ski season. I've never been to Leavenworth, but it sounds like there's lots more to see and do. As I understand, Packwood has become more interested in seasonal tourism in the last few years. Excited to see what it does!