Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

EmotionalPotatoess t1_j68v29w wrote

Someone hasn’t been to Concrete or Darrington. I grew up in Darrington and our shop teacher would bring deer to skin in class, kids would dip in class, and if someone had a hunting rifle or cans of Coors Banquet in their truck, it didn’t matter. The only thing we had to do was drive up the mountains, get drunk, and drive back down. I’m not proud of where I came from lol.

I also just moved to Bothell from Mount Vernon. That place is pretty liberal compared to the surrounding areas like Bow and Sedro. I would go as far to say that the only reason Skagit County was blue was because of the Mount Vernon/Anacortes area.

subspace_cat t1_j69rn80 wrote

>The only thing we had to do was drive up the mountains, get drunk, and drive back down

And then go hang out at the Chevron in Arlington on Friday and Saturday nights.

upleft t1_j68xtzd wrote

Did you drive a lifted small truck with a DIY paint job and big knobby tires so you could go mudding after school or was that just Sedro-Woolley?

EmotionalPotatoess t1_j6903qf wrote

I didn’t drive one, my parents wouldn’t let me do any of that to my Ranger. But there was a time all I wanted was a lifted 2nd gen Toyota. My friends and I would go mudding all the time or ride dirt bikes down the power line roads.

ThePopesicle t1_j69cfi6 wrote

Was looking for Darrington. Anywhere in Whatcom County that isn’t Bellingham too.

1dad1kid t1_j6algfa wrote

Pretty accurate, although Burlington seems a bit mixed