Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

joshingTugboat4 t1_j9vbom4 wrote

Ironically this is the kind of passive aggressive bullshit that makes queer folks seek out specifically lgbtq+ friendly spaces.

Nobody wants to spend their whole night getting heckled by some creep that peaked in high school and gets off on making others uncomfortable.

43yedg t1_j9uv3dk wrote

your moms

CoolAbdul t1_j9vqf70 wrote

Come on man, I'm there right now.

Bootlicker222 t1_j9vt9ro wrote

Yeah don't come over for a while. I'm stopping by there after this guy's done

thisisntmynametoday t1_j9wbw4n wrote

His dad always welcomes everyone with open arms. Just knock three times on the basement door.

redstarohyeah t1_j9uvhi6 wrote

Haha this is the lamest shit. You’re 40 bro. Act like an adult in public or stay in your cave. “I wanna be accepted while i ogle chicks and make jokes about trans people, whatsoever shall I do?!”

Sirpluggington469 t1_j9vod54 wrote

Off the rip ima say this guy is fucking wack for this post but what about this was he saying anything about trans no disrespect im just confused.. is that the only form of a politically incorrect joke now adays?

redstarohyeah t1_j9vpat2 wrote

No not at all. But this post seems to be a direct response to an earlier post from a trans person looking for friends in the area.

Sirpluggington469 t1_j9vqz3s wrote

Call it ignorance or maybe stupidity. but i thought this was a serious post, but since you put it like that it makes sense. Idk why people cant mind they fucking business nowadays.

CoolAbdul t1_j9vqo7s wrote

I believe this post is Performance Art.

Magisterbrown t1_j9vjjbs wrote

"keepsitreal6969" this... is a joke, right?

Itchy_Rock_726 t1_j9uenlz wrote

I don't have any suggestions, well maybe Leitrims, but am def popping the popcorn for this one.

NativeSon508 t1_j9v58df wrote

I think Leitrim closed like 5 years ago

Itchy_Rock_726 t1_j9vt8em wrote

I've seen people standing outside there recently having a smoke so it seemed open.

justinator5 t1_j9yodxc wrote

Leitrims on park Ave is a college bar hence the hours. The oldest person there on any given night is not older than mid 20s lol

keepsitreal6969 OP t1_j9w25nk wrote

Leitrums was a blast back in the day! Those were the days. It will never be the same

[deleted] t1_j9uwmj5 wrote

I dunno - Hooters, Centerfolds, Hurricane Betty’s? In all seriousness though, I go to Chopsticks in Leominster and Halligan’s in Auburn - they have some decent cover bands that play there on Friday and Saturday nights sometimes. Mostly attended by Boomers and Gen Xers though, if that makes any difference - at 35 I think I’m one of the youngest guys who goes to those lol. I’m not aware of anyone there having a problem with (looks around suspiciously and whispers) - Straight white men……..

thisisntmynametoday t1_j9vpxse wrote

I’ve heard rumors of a secret club of alpha males that meets under the MassPike underpass in Grafton. You just have to dodge a little traffic to get to it, champ.

Oyadonchano t1_j9unjbd wrote

Oof. This is embarrassing.

ARoundForEveryone t1_j9usm61 wrote

How so? We all have "politically incorrect" thoughts. Most of us keep them under wraps and learn to function within acceptable societal norms. Some don't, but most do.

This guy is just asking for a place to crack a joke with likeminded individuals while having a tasty cold beverage at a reasonable price.

These places exist - townie bars, holes in the wall, social clubs, whatever. If you don't like them, you don't have to go to them. I generally don't, but don't begrudge those who do.

Now, does the original post read as a joke? To me, yeah, kinda. Could be a slight troll (if so, try harder OP). But if not, it's not like the dude asked for "a place that don't allow no trannies or negros, and has a solid mix of Johnny Cash and alt-emo-thrash-core on the jukebox. I draw the line at swastikas though, none of that bullshit cuz kikes are ok in my book". That, I suppose, would be cringe. But I'm not the official arbiter of good taste here.

Seems it's just a guy who wants to be around other guys, who want to be around other guys. Sharing a pint or two, gossiping about the other clientele. What's embarrassing about that? And I'm assuming, bonus points for a repurposed 1995 SI Swimsuit calendar on the wall. Where some drunk guy drew a thought bubble over Cindy Crawford's head saying something like "Call me, Jimmy, we'll have a fun night <wink>! XOXO, Cindy". But Jimmy don't work there no more - he moved to CT and sells insurance for The Hartford and has 2 kids. Eric is 12 and Cindy (it's a coincidence, I swear) is 16. He's on his second marriage, but this one is fresh and they're still in their honeymoon phase. Jimmy's on speaking terms with his ex - in fact they get along better now than they did when they were married. Anyway, they share custody and it all seems to be working out for them.

But anyway, OP just wants to hang out with people that like the taste of beer and the look of a pretty woman.

−10

Oyadonchano t1_j9uu6sd wrote

Hard disagree. OP is responding to the trans post from earlier. It's a disingenuous coded message expressing their sense of victimhood. OP knows they can crack whatever jokes they want almost anywhere in town and receive nothing worse than an eye roll. They're trolling and do not deserve "understanding."

ARoundForEveryone t1_j9uxgqt wrote

I don't know if I laid the sarcasm on waaayyy too thick or if the sarcasm-glaze wasn't tasty enough?

−9

Metroskater t1_j9v3yu7 wrote

If that was meant to be /s, then yeah I’d say it wasn’t clear enough

ARoundForEveryone t1_j9vwkv8 wrote

I assumed creating a fake backstory for a former bartender or customer would be enough, but maybe the story was to on-the-nose for some people?

−1

SonuvaGunderson t1_j9uww3s wrote

Hi. No. We don’t ALL have politically incorrect thoughts.

iBarber111 t1_j9v0zbq wrote

You've.... never had a politically incorrect thought? OP is a tool but that sounds like an incredibly lame brain to live in.

−5

SonuvaGunderson t1_j9v9mi7 wrote

Nope. Not what I’m saying.

What I’m saying is, not EVERYONE goes out of their way to consciously think politically incorrect things, think this is fine and normal, and seek out venues to share these ideas with like-minded people.

−1

utopianbears t1_j9uzayf wrote

umm OP is just trolling lol - the fact that you take this seriously and want him to find a safe space for his “politically incorrect” thoughts is so cringe i’m sorry lol. gestures to the entire world for a white cis straight man to feel safe. I grew up in townie bars btw and being “politically incorrect” is not the definition of its culture anyways. what does politically incorrect even mean these days - usually just code for people wanting to punch down on marginalized communities without getting called out for their out of touch shit. but go off.

MrBarryThor12 t1_j9vozq2 wrote

No lol, he’s trying to satirize recent posts on this sub asking about lgbtq friendly places.

Mc_Up_Intheair t1_j9v1al8 wrote

You put way too much time and effort into justifying this moron. Get a job

−1

Quicken2195 t1_j9wxoeq wrote

Like, literally every place is for you. You can go anywhere and do this.

CoolAbdul t1_j9vqcbo wrote

That country western bar on James Street, probably.

That or Jordan Levy's show.

Rosseaux t1_j9ugjea wrote

Most barber shops in town are very cis/white male friendly.

keepsitreal6969 OP t1_j9ujuaq wrote

What is Cis?

−11

Rosseaux t1_j9v1iir wrote

"Cis" the word some people use to describe "Not transgender."

keepsitreal6969 OP t1_j9v698n wrote

Why do you need a word to describe someone who is not trans

−6

amberfc t1_j9va545 wrote

It’s a set of prefixes just like pre/post, hyper/hypo, etc.

Cis/trans prefixes are also used in words other than cisgender/transgender like in organic chemistry to describe isomer configurations

redstarohyeah t1_j9v8izj wrote

Words typically describe things in various ways OP. Things like trans, or perhaps even NOT trans.

Esuts t1_j9vvokw wrote

Same reason we have terms for heterosexual, white, or right-handed. Just because something is the majority, even if you think of it as the default, that doesn't mean you shouldn't have a term for it.

orzechod t1_j9vwv4v wrote

this might be hard to believe but not all conversations are between and about people of the non-trans variety, and it might be occasionally useful to have a special word or prefix to refer to them. crazy!

NewEngland_J t1_j9utz77 wrote

Willikers on 20 in Shrewsbury. Saturday nights are supposed to be fun with Karaoke. Little but if a rougher crowd but it sounds like that’s what your after.

tisdellcj t1_j9wjqkw wrote

You can do all that at home

MattOLOLOL t1_j9uuboh wrote

Sounds like you suck, please lmk where you end up so I can avoid it.

SlobChillin t1_j9usnk0 wrote

People generally aren’t going to be unaccepting unless you’re an asshole regardless of race or sexual orientation especially if you’re in the majority on those fronts (which you are) so I wouldn’t get caught up on demographics.

−2