Submitted by DeanKollier t3_124leo1 in WorcesterMA

New to Worcester, not new to blading. We got any nice long paved paths? I’m in Bell Hill/Green Hill area but don’t have a problem driving 15-20 minutes to a spot. Think people would let me skitch up the hill on Belmont??

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

heyricochet t1_je07wf0 wrote

Best path is probably the Blackstone Valley Bike Path

legalpretzel t1_je0dy07 wrote

It’s very hilly for a bike path, so make sure you’re in good shape or you’ll be miserable.

fremenator t1_je0v5xc wrote

The issue with rollerblading is going downhill (with control) is very difficult

EridanusCorvus t1_je0bx51 wrote

Maybe where they put in the new boardwalk around does reservoir? It's not super long and doesn't loop though.

If you're going for distance something like the Minuteman trail or Charles River Greenway near Boston may work better, but they're a bit far. MassBike has a good map of various types of trails.

lukewarm_sax t1_je0nt0b wrote

I second Charles River Greenway, if you just take the commuter rail into Boston, you can get off at the Boston Landing stop and an entrance to the trail is not too far of a walk from there.

lukewarm_sax t1_je0b47i wrote

It sounds like you're looking for specific paths to skate, but if you're looking for a communal skating experience, here's some recommendations (I'm a quad skater!).

I have not yet been to any of their gatherings (I keep meaning to!) but there's Worcester Area Skaters that I believe meet every week rain or shine, either in local parks or if it's rainy/snowy in parking garages. More info on them here: https://www.instagram.com/woo_skates/

And if you're open to traveling out to the Boston area, there's SkateBoston that is more blade friendly, I went to a couple of events a while ago when I was still living in Boston. Here's their Facebook private group with info organizing each of their meetups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6281411823

papoosejr t1_je0glik wrote

Woo skates are good people, definitely recommend.

DeanKollier OP t1_je17pcf wrote

I appreciate the suggestions and will definitely be checking out the river trail and some of these rail trails. For time’s sake on a workday, I’d even love just a big parking lot to do laps in. Thanks y’all.

silhouettesky t1_je3egco wrote

There’s a paved quarter mile track at Lemansky Park in Auburn that’s great! You do have to watch for errant kids on bikes depending on when you go, but it’s nice if you don’t have a ton of time since it’s not far from Worcester.

DeanKollier OP t1_je4nn27 wrote

Oh perfect! I pass through Auburn on the commute home every day.

mcl1977 t1_je118ix wrote

gardner rail trail is great for inline