Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

NIRVANA97145 t1_it78ian wrote

Maybe call the dpw but I could be wrong. Some people......

chockfulloffeels t1_it79x8d wrote

Go down to the dpw and get one. They are an overly nice and bubbly group of people for their job. I love that place

operator_1337 t1_it7bm43 wrote

They probably have a recycling addiction, big problem right now.

For real though, when you get your new one I would recommend spray painting or paint pen* marking your address/number onto it.

FirstOrderRouge t1_it7nh07 wrote

Do what they did, see a bin, take a bin. When they notice their bin’s gone, they’ll take one and so on…

−1

OrphanKripler t1_it7o0lv wrote

Keep an eye out around the neighborhood. It could have went on a windy adventure.

My personal experience if I don’t retrieve the bin right away, the wind blows it away, two blocks down the street.

But you could purchase a new bin for $12 at DPW.

20 East Worcester Street. 9am-4pm. Bring proof of residency though, you’ll need it.

Edit: included phone number 508-929-1300

GoblinBags t1_it7pj61 wrote

Make sure on your replacement bin you draw on it and label it clearly - across the whole thing. I had to do something similar before and I spray painted my address a foot wide across it.

operator_1337 t1_it81nvr wrote

Well damn. I mean there is always a chance it was taken by the recycling/trash truck itself mistakenly. Also someone could have ran it over accidentally and hid the evidence.

If it becomes a problem get a ring camera lol

Unlucky-Boot-6567 t1_it8cjs0 wrote

They probably had theirs stolen. Also, big wind has been blowing them everywhere. Did you write your address or name on it?

superduckie707 t1_it8pi1r wrote

You can use any large storage tub and label it recycling. They’ll still pick it up.

Iron_Gears t1_it90aox wrote

You can at the DPW! Can order them online as well but they’re often out of stock, at least they are for me whenever I try to replace a stolen bin. Don’t be too surprised if it happens again though. I’m on my fourth bin.