Submitted by pezhed540 t3_ybshs6 in WorcesterMA

My bike was stolen from outside my dorm (near WPI campus) in the past week. It’s a black Sirrus Sport and has a white WPI sticker on the side. If anyone sees a bike matching the description on fb marketplace or in person please message me with details!! I use it to get from my dorm to campus and it has sentimental value as well.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_itil0xv wrote

It’s Worcester, even locked in your garage in a decent neighborhood expect it to be stolen at least once every few years

Source: happened all the time growing up

Ahkhira t1_itifl3t wrote

Never leave a bicycle unattended in the city. Locked or not, it WILL disappear.

We need better bike infrastructure in the city. We need more bike lanes, and much more secure storage for commuter bikes. We also need more bike to bus and bike to rail transportation options.

I hope you find your bike.

slum_life_frownface t1_itioszy wrote

OP is complaining that his bike was stolen; bike lanes will not change the fact that this city's top three industries are lying, cheating, and stealing.

−1

lamb_chop_15 t1_itm31xz wrote

Did you even read this comment before wholesale disagreeing with it?? He went on to mention more secure bike storage in the same exact sentence you're responding to, but you conveniently ignored that piece

d729 t1_itjdcsz wrote

great attitude genius, worcester's finest right here lol

holographicicedtea t1_iu4c4jp wrote

Hey - log your bike into the stolen bike index here: https://bikeindex.org/stolen

I’d also keep checking Craigslist/EBay to see if someone is selling it on there. If you happen to come across it being sold, call the police and give them the listing. I really hope you get your bike back!