Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

legalpretzel t1_itv8rn0 wrote

The shooting was at 10pm. It wasn’t during the school day. Should the school have known? Sure, but this doesn’t feel like a major failure. And I say that as a parent of an elementary school kid at a different school in Worcester. I’d be unnerved if it happened near our school (mostly bc I live very close to the school) and extremely concerned if it happened between 8am and 4pm. But a call to the district to question their decision here is probably more impactful than complaining on reddit.

Edit: just to add, the new Superintendent doesn’t seem to be as quick to make district wide phone calls. It’s hard in the wake of Binienda, who utilized them often. Especially since some (most?) WP schools aren’t exactly forthcoming with information. I often complained about how often Binienda sent out district wide calls, so there needs to be a happy medium between too much and not enough communication from the district. Hopefully they figure it out 🤷🏻‍♀️

tracynovick t1_itxosi8 wrote

I don't want to derail the conversation, but I'm honestly interested, because it's actively being gauged: do you want to hear more often from the district (rather than the school)?