Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mtbmike t1_ixsfza3 wrote

It seems like every year we get two weeks of super cold in January. Like zero. It sucks.

babypink1234 OP t1_ixsh411 wrote

thats gonna be the huge change for me, as a Californian haha

theCaityCat t1_ixteako wrote

Buy a good winter coat, keep a snow brush/ice scraper in your car, remember you can't steer if you slam the brakes, and don't be one of those douchebags who leaves snow on your car's roof so that it hits the poor sucker driving behind you. You'll be fine. :D

HistoricalSecurity77 t1_ixslyk6 wrote

You will be fine. Because we get a lots of snow, the city digs out pretty quick. It’s not like some places that shut down with 6” of snow.

Lady_Nimbus t1_ixsw3b1 wrote

We don't shut down, but the city does a real shit job of digging out anywhere that's not a main area

BostonPilot t1_ixuufil wrote

So, when I went to school in Worcester ( many years ago ) they would plow the snow until the snow plowing budget was used up, and then they would just stop plowing. Given that I was riding a motorcycle year round, this presented some issues for me.

I take it they're better on that front now? πŸ€”

BostonPilot t1_ixuttnb wrote

Yeah, my wife moved here from Santa Monica. She never really adjusted to the cold ( or to the streets not being on a grid! ). And Worcester has that winter gale of a wind that just cuts right through you. Oh, yeah, and the snow you mentioned.

You're going to love it here!

Invest in some proper New England winter clothes... Parka, snow mobile mittens, warm waterproof boots.

I went to school 5 minutes from there, and it's rough in the winter. And I grew up in New England. And you'll find you won't tolerate the cold as well as the natives. So I'm not kidding about buying some proper warm clothes...