Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Kangaroo_Square OP t1_j325las wrote

just looking for a fried cutlet, mozzarella… I guess I should’ve said NY Italian deli style

vickomls t1_j32lyis wrote

Like a chicken parm sandwich?

Kangaroo_Square OP t1_j32n45p wrote

I’m thinking more chicken sandwich, no marinara, add L-T-O maybe a little chipotle mayo to get wacky

icuworc t1_j32t9b2 wrote

You can get that at many places, you just have to specify.

jp_jellyroll t1_j35638t wrote

Nah, OP is looking for that East Coast Deli / bodega style like you get in NYC, Jersey, Philly -- fresh thinly sliced cutlets dipped in egg and seasoned Italian breadcrumbs, fried to golden perfection. Simple but amazing.

Not a lot of places around here do chicken cutlets like that for whatever reason. They use pre-breaded frozen chicken tenders, or they cut the chicken breast way too thick, or they use a fried-chicken-type batter instead of simply egg & breadcrumbs, etc.

Kangaroo_Square OP t1_j35mov1 wrote

this is exactly what I’m talking about! had one at Lola’s in Natick today and was thinking i need a go-to in Worcester

jp_jellyroll t1_j35q3pw wrote

Yeah, I really can't think of something like that in Worcester proper. Lots of stuff outside the city. I'll try the places other people have recommended.

Lola's is excellent. The Pizza Peddler (right down the street from Lola's) also does a pretty good plain NY-style cutlet and gives off the deli vibes. My office was in that area, lots of good eatin' around there!

icuworc t1_j379k7g wrote

Have you tried Habibi market on Lincoln St? Not sure if they have what your looking for but it's the closest thing I have seen in Worcester to that Bodega feel.

Eve617 t1_j347zf9 wrote

Hold the onions and add jalapenos to that lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. Yum.

vickomls t1_j34hqcy wrote

Ohhhh Antonio’s makes a good one of those