Submitted by Razmataz444 t3_104yzdg in WorcesterMA

Yesterday I was driving through the intersection of art 9 and plantation street and apparently we all had the green light at the same time because all of us went at once. It was terrifying. Has this ever happened to any of you at any big intersections in Worcester? Thank you.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bartnd t1_j37supb wrote

> Yesterday I was driving through the intersection of art 9 and plantation street and apparently we all had the green light at the same time because all of us went at once. It was terrifying. Has this ever happened to any of you at any big intersections in Worcester? Thank you.

Never recall it happening to me, but is it possible that you didn't see an emergency vehicle?

Wonder if it's also possible that a light changed was forced by an upcoming emergency vehicle shortly after a light change which wasn't noticed by people at that light.

Razmataz444 OP t1_j37ui3x wrote

You know that is certainly possible given the proximity of the hospital. The scary part was that we all went (several cars ) on all sides of the intersection. It was bananas.

bartnd t1_j37v4c0 wrote

Yeah, it's a crazy intersection to begin without adding in emergency vehicles.

I don't have much knowledge of what happens when an emergency vehicle signals that they need to get through an intersection, but it's not like it flips immediately. My guess was more that maybe traffic on Plantation St (or vice-versa) had been waiting for the light and shortly after they received the green a request came in to change so it was only green for a couple of cars and those behind might not have looked or assumed it was still green if there was solar glare or something.

moisheah t1_j37te0z wrote

Yikes ! Not that particular issue. But the light at grafton and Franklin had the green light staying green for like only 1.5 seconds. This was happening a few months ago.

Razmataz444 OP t1_j37uok4 wrote

Oh wow. That is so frustrating.

moisheah t1_j37weov wrote

And dangerous. And just to clarify, because the fire station is right there it wasn’t related to emergency vehicles coming through, it was a constant ongoing thing. I did report it the last time to the city and haven’t seen it happen since 🤞

ladypsychosis t1_j37x8qo wrote

This is not possible. Someone was running a red light. Perhaps the “all red” period is too short.

GrandMarquisMark t1_j39oslu wrote

Yeah, nothing ever malfunctions.

ladypsychosis t1_j39tiyi wrote

It’s not possible for conflicting movements to be green at the same time. If the signal has a malfunction, it will switch to flashing red. Someone ran a red light.