Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

wasowka t1_j4h6em6 wrote

In the city: I’ve gone to Hope Cemetery and Institute Park, Airport area.

Just outside the city: Westborough Wildlife Management area, Cranes Swamp, Bolton Flats.

Further out: Mount Auburn Cemetery, Plum Island (my personal favorite)

maxeisl t1_j4ha8se wrote

Top of Mt. Wachusett

GrandMarquisMark t1_j4hz87w wrote

The boardwalk at the Blackstone visitors center. Just don't touch the railings!!

PorkSoda21 t1_j4kpzqx wrote

Why?

hikerunner t1_j4lazbl wrote

They build up a lot of static electricity and you'll get a nasty zap

bootboard t1_j4vbqwg wrote

I thought it was exaggerating until I walked the whole thing and tried it. It... really, really zaps you

Neyabenz t1_j4iziyo wrote

Sign up for Cornells ebird, you'll get email digests of location sightings, some done in groups. You'll get an idea of the good spots

bootboard t1_j4vc02u wrote

Wachusett meadows wildlife sanctuary in Princeton. Hundreds of acres of protected land with many different habitats. Only place I've ever seen a bobolink!

DMG103113 t1_j4llzqm wrote

If you’re into waterfowl check out the new wooden boardwalk at Coes Reservoir. There’s one section of deck (towards the tiny parking lot at the end of Circuit Ave North) that was designed specifically for bird photographers.there’s a set of angled slats designed as a more artistic bird blind, so said the construction worker). (it’s that bit on the right of this photo). I’ve also seen the occasional eagle that roosts around there.

ScallionGlittering51 t1_j53jglk wrote

Go to Broad Meadow Brook. It's owned by the Mass Audobon Society, South end of union hill. No dogs allowed, 5 mile trail loop, I've seen ducks, blue Jay's, cardinals. Lots of birds