Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jessica_T t1_j9inl6d wrote

Less lethal. Both of those can kill you.

[deleted] t1_j9itq0c wrote

[deleted]

Zhadowwolf t1_j9l2w3s wrote

To be fair, pretty much anything can be letal when thrown at a a freaking baby.

Non-lethal is, I believe, a good term to use for the equipment, since it’s purpose by design is not to kill. Of course it can kill, but so can a chair, or an apple, or even a pillow… murderers are gonna murder and idiots are gonna idiot

[deleted] t1_j9lrkfn wrote

[deleted]

Zhadowwolf t1_j9lsxj5 wrote

It’s not. I was merely remarking that with people like that in the police, willing to use any of their gear recklessly and thoughtlessly, it doesn’t really matter what that gear is. Their willingness to misuse authority is horrifying by itself.

I mostly mentioned it because there are other types of weaponry, such as military taser rounds, rubber buckshot, or airfoil projectiles, that are supposed to be by definition “less lethal” but are still different that stuff that is supposed to be “non-lethal”.

Mind you, that difference is only really important for purposes of military supply planning, none of those things really should be used by police in most cases, specially if, like in the case of the flash bang in the cradle, they are acting with little to no intelligence (in any definition of the word)

Endulos t1_j9k4caf wrote

Technically, wasn't it a fire the flash bang started? Not the flash bang itself?