Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AutoModerator t1_jdgbfgh wrote

Welcome to the Prompt! All top-level comments must be a story or poem. Reply here for other comments.

Reminders:

>* No AI-generated reponses 🤖 >* Stories 100 words+. Poems 30+ but include "[Poem]" >* Responses don't have to fulfill every detail >* [RF] and [SP] for stricter titles >* Be civil in any feedback and follow the rules

🆕 New Here? ✏ Writing Help? 📢 News 💬 Discord

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

stillnotelf t1_jdgh6va wrote

Gandalf strikes me as uninterested in education, although he'd curbstomp Voldemort.

Dumbledore canonically puts on cursed rings he ought not to.

This will not end well unless Gandalf trains Hogwarts as an army and leads them back to Middle Earth to confront a resurgent Sauron.

TheDwiin t1_jdh3vk5 wrote

A resurgent sauron who has access to a Wizard as a Nazgul.

oh3fiftyone t1_jdi79nm wrote

I feel like Gandalf in academia would be more of a researcher who found actually teaching to be an annoying necessity best foisted upon aides. He shows no reluctance whatsoever to dive into the books for literal years at the beginning of Fellowship to research the ring. I agree that he’d handle Voldemort in an afternoon, though.

stillnotelf t1_jdi7ieu wrote

Uninterested in educating others, perhaps. We agree.

FawksyBoxes t1_jditupp wrote

I could also Gandalf scoffing at the way other magical beings are treated. Wizarding society is kind of an asshole to any one who is not human. Only allowing humans to have wands, house elves are slaves, etc.

[deleted] t1_jdi10jd wrote

Gandalf saves hogwarts and dumbledore gets everyone killed