Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mautos t1_jdhhfcf wrote

I haven't read the books in a looong time, but iirc, they do actually need to know what the area they want to teleport to looks like. So I guess some kind of picture or maybe vision could be enough.

Bean_Juice_Brew t1_jdiar1a wrote

Someone has not read Hogwarts: A History! You cannot apparate and disapparate anywhere on Hogwarts school property.

EndorDerDragonKing t1_jdiby0m wrote

Wait, hold up, so Mount Doom is on school grounds?

Bean_Juice_Brew t1_jdic5dp wrote

Might as well be, ask JK Rowling and she'll tell you that was always the intent of the book

EndorDerDragonKing t1_jdico60 wrote

"... And over theres the womping willow"

"What about the mountain professor?"

"Oh that? Thats Mount Doom, we have a class there where you learn to make enchanted rings, Slazar Slytherinf was the one who came up with the idea"

"Whys it called Doom professor?"

"Its an active volcano my boy!"

"In scotl-"

"In scotland yes. Dont think about it, its magic"

Mautos t1_jdict68 wrote

Lmao what about it? It's not even in the same world

Bean_Juice_Brew t1_jdid4fi wrote

I was just being a smart ass

Mautos t1_jdie3ea wrote

No worries, deep down, we're all smart asses

Maleficent_Tree_94 t1_jdil5f7 wrote

Not all of us. Some of us are just normal asses.

yax51 OP t1_jdjuspi wrote

Some of us are neither, but we do have a great ass

Hellolaoshi t1_jdkdb48 wrote

Yes, perhaps. However, the land of Mordor in general and Mt. Doom in particular, was not exactly easy to access. I don't even remember if Gandalf had been there before in person. It was very hard to get to Mordor by yourself. Frodo had to meet Shelob first, and pass through her web. I mean, you wouldn't exactly go there to have a picnic on a Saturday afternoon. It wasn't a holiday destination. You wouldn't be able to sit there in the sunshine, wearing a Hawaiian shirt, and drinking your martini surrounded by beautiful women. Female orcs would be available instead.

I am not saying it would be impossible to teleport there. But it would be a lot harder than going to ghe Shire, or Rohan.

Mautos t1_jdmirqd wrote

Okay, just one more thing I was thinking of. I might be wrong, but didn't Frodo have some kind of vision of the tower of something after putting on the ring?

If so, for Dumbledore there's a decently easy way to see others memories. If not, ignore what I just said lmao

Hellolaoshi t1_jdq4gvr wrote

Maybe. But I remember that he was able to see the Ring Wraiths' true shape when he wore the ring.