Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

UntakenNameFtw t1_iucwu4k wrote

I blinked then blinked again. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran my hand through my greasy hair. It worked? It really worked. Or maybe I've finally lost it? Too long have I been left to my own vices. It's definitely a possibility. There's a limit to the things I can do on this station to distract myself from the reality of my situation. Hopefully my eyes aren't deceiving me.

A demoness stood in front of me standing on a pentagram. Her ivory horns, black wings and tail gave away the fact that she wasn't human. Her face sculpted with inhuman beauty.

"A mortal dares summon ME? Rashka?" She looked at me intently. Her dark grey eyes glowed ominously. A power ran through me. It felt as if my very soul was getting violated. After a moment of this, she licked her lips as if she found something delicious.

" The stench of loneliness reeks off of you. Tell me, what have you been through to accrue so much?" She asked as she started to look around. The more she looked around the more curious she became.

"Where are we? Speak, Human!"

" We are on station 23." I said plainly.

" Elaborate. " She snarled.

" It's a orbital space station that's been sent off course and abandoned after...well...it doesn't matter. I'm the last man on this station and there's no way off. I'm—we are stuck here." I paused as I gathered my thoughts. It's been a long time since I spoke to someone. I felt as if I was learning to speak again.

" Thankfully this station is self-sufficient and has everything I need to keep living for 200 years. Everything else on the other hand doesn't work anymore. The only thing this station can do is drift across space indefinitely. I guess you could say I was messing around out of boredom and I somehow summoned you." My throat felt dry and I was out of breath. Why is it so hard to speak?

" I see. Space you say? Fascinating." Rashka walked up to me and brought her face close to mine until we were inches apart. My heart quickened as she traced her long nail down my cheek and neck.

"And what is it you want from me?" She demanded softly with authority.

" Can you keep me company? I asked, " As you have already surmised, This orbital Station is so lonely."

"Ask and you shall receive but be warned that a contract was signed the moment I was summoned and your soul belongs to me After I fulfil your wish..." She paused as she digested what I said and raised her eyebrow inquisitively.

"That's it?"

"When you've been here alone for as long as I have there isn't really much else to ask for. "

She laughed while she started walking towards the exit into the hallway.

" You are a weird mortal. Never have I've been asked to just keep someone company before. So be it. How about giving me a tour of the place..what's your name human?"

" Kyle, and sure." I smiled warmly. I caught up until I was walking side by side with her and began the tour.