Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

UntakenNameFtw t1_ixu605t wrote

I glanced at the women with short brown hair and blue eyes across the boisterous coffee shop as we made eye contact. I sipped my coffee casually as I contemplated. The women broke eye contact as she glanced at the creature behind me.

Well this is a first.

Behind the women was an ugly creature with a wicked smile staring and grinning at me across the table. It winked at me.

What should I do?

Should I get up and leave?

No...there are times when it's best to just do nothing. I will just sit here and finish my coffee and pretend this never happened.

I ignored her as I pulled out my "notebook" as I read the list of names.

Hmm who's next? I need to think on this.

I felt a sharp gaze and glanced upwards.

Hmm when did she?

Blue eyes greeted me as the women slammed a similar notebook on the table I was sitting behind. I raised my brow, Her face inches from my own.

"Um, Miss? You're a little too close for comfort...could you take a step back?"

The women ignored me as she observed me up close.

"We need to talk. Privately." She spoke softly in the busy coffee shop. If it wasn't for the fact that I could read lips to a degree I wouldn't of understood her even if she was this close.

"Excuse me?" I pretended not to hear her.

"You heard me, you-me, outside...now." She spoke louder this time.

I sighed. "Okay fine."

We left the coffee shop and walked around the block until we made an odd turn into an alley way. Our smiling creatures following us as we went. Now that we were finally alone She turned back to me.

"Your notebook. What names have you written?"

"Hmm?" I played dumb which only seemed to infuriate her. She grabbed my collar and shoved me against the wall in the abandoned alley.

" Don't toy with me. We both saw one another's creatures, no? So just give it to me straight."

I took a breath.

"You're just like me then I guess. I suppose the notebook you so brazenly slammed on the table back at the coffee shop was a deathnote as well?"

The women gave me an obvious look.

"Duh. So tell me which names did you write?"

"Trade secret. I'm sure you will hear of it on the news later anyways so why bother asking?" The women thought a moment before nodding her head.

"That makes sense." She let go of my collar and stepped back.

"I'm sorry, to be honest I am just nervous. This is the first time I've met someone like myself."

"Me too."

"Really?" She looked at me curiously.

"How can you be so calm?"

"Practice." I said plainly.

"Hmm. Whatever. Give me your phone."

"Why?" I tilted my head.

"So we can keep in contact dummy."

I guess it couldn't hurt. I'm curious as well to be honest. What names she has written. But unlike her I respect privacy. Especially with something as personal as that.

"Uh okay?" I pulled out my phone and unlocked it only for it to get snatched by the women's hands. She quickly put her number in before handing it back. She turned and slowly walked out of the alley. As she turned the corner she spoke for the last time.

"When your ready to talk about it, call me."

I stood in the alley alone in my thoughts while I looked at the new contact in my phone. shewhowillnotbenamed and couldn't help but chuckle.

Hmm...My life just got a bit more interesting. A small smile graced my lips as I left the alley behind.